A quick and easy side dish that’s not only fresh, healthy, and hearty but it goes well with anything and everything!
With zucchini season in full throttle, this side dish needs to be made stat.
It doesn’t even really need to be a side.
You can have this for dinner.
I already had two bowls of this.
And I’m just about to get my third.
Yes, it’s just that good. And you can add more veggies to your liking.
It can also work as breakfast – just throw in a fried egg on top and you’re set. See, it’s not only incredibly versatile but it’s also fitting for every single meal. Done.
- 1 ½ cups uncooked rice
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 zucchini, shredded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Remove from heat and stir in black beans, corn, zucchini, butter, lime juice and cilantro. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.