When the getaway time rolls around veggies appear to be the last factor on my head. Just since I’m a foodstuff/wellness blogger, does not necessarily mean my diet plan is best. Sometimes I wrestle to try to eat veggies, in particular when it’s chilly exterior and all I want to do is consume sizzling chocolate, bake All the things, followed by belting out Mariah Carey tunes from the bathtub. (I in fact utilized to do this all the time when I was small, so no judgment.)
Nowadays however, I’m bringing a small brightness to your existence in the variety of a Pretty delectable winter salad which is zippy, sweet, savory and total of texture. Meet up with the quite straightforward-to-make roasted butternut squash lentil salad with juicy grapes, arugula, pecans and a creamy tahini dressing. I know it sounds wild, but Rely on YO Lady.
I designed this recipe a couple of many years back for a Friendsgiving I hosted and every person commented on how significantly they beloved it. The butternut squash is sweet, paired with earthy lentils, creamy tahini dressing, crunchy pecans and zippy arugula.
Fundamentally, it’s a salad desire occur real and can make a stunning salad for your Thanksgiving table. Merely layer it on a significant platter, drizzle with dressing and allow for all people to grab a scoop as you move it all over the table. Here’s to consuming far more veggies this 12 months! Right?! Ideal.
Cost-free Final Thanksgiving Tutorial (+ printable checklist!)
Whether you are internet hosting or just attending, this Supreme Thanksgiving Guide email collection is for every person. Enter your e mail under to get all of my ideal recipes, recommendations, and a Free printable checklist for all of your Thanksgiving demands.
Components in this butternut squash lentil salad
It could audio like a odd combo, but the blend of tender roasted butternut squash, juicy grapes, and beautifully cooked lentils is SO delectable. Here’s all the things you’ll need to have in the salad:
- Butternut squash: we’re cubing and roasting up butternut squash to perfection. Understand how to slice a butternut squash listed here, and tips for roasting it listed here! You’ll roast it with a minimal coconut oil, garlic, brown sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Lentils: I like working with black lentils in this recipe. You’ll cook dinner them with drinking water and a very little salt.
- For the dressing: my well known garlic tahini dressing pairs completely with the salad combine-ins. You are going to need to have tahini, pure maple syrup, garlic powder, refreshing lemon juice, a little heat h2o, salt & pepper.
- Arugula: the foundation of the salad is manufactured arugula, which adds a beautiful zippiness to every chunk.
- Blend-ins: and finally, we’re adding crunchy pecans and juicy grapes for additional bites of goodness.
Customise this salad
This magnificent vegan butternut squash lentil salad is simple to customise with what you have on hand! Here’s what I can recommend:
- For the butternut squash: come to feel no cost to swap in sweet potato or even pumpkin.
- For the pecans: I consider walnuts would also be delicious in listed here.
- For the grapes: I Love the texture and taste that grapes include, but you could also use dried cherries or cranberries, or fresh new pears.
Include a raise of protein
The lentils truly supply a wonderful raise of protein to this salad, but feel absolutely free to insert a lot more with the subsequent:
Suggestions for making it in advance of time
If you’re serving this salad in advance of time you can easily prep a number of of the components so that assembling it is a breeze! I advocate:
- Cubing and roasting the butternut squash
- Cooking the lentils
- And producing the dressing
Then you can retailer every separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator until you are all set to assemble the salad.
Wanting to provide a group?
If you are serving this black lentil salad for the holiday seasons or a collecting, I advise layering it on a platter. First insert arugula, butternut squash, lentils, and grapes. Drizzle with dressing, then prime with pecans. Do not toss it jointly, just serve it as is and let friends scoop it on their own!
Retailer this butternut squash black lentil salad in an airtight container in the fridge, without the need of the dressing, for up to 4-5 days. Simply just costume the salad as quickly as you’re completely ready to try to eat it so that the arugula doesn’t get soggy. The dressing will keep great in a container in the fridge for up to a single 7 days.
More balanced salad recipes to try out
Get all of my salad recipes listed here!
I hope you appreciate this butternut squash lentil salad! If you make it be guaranteed to go away a remark and a ranking so I know how you liked it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking Images by: Yoga of Cooking