There is not substantially of an intro to start out with listed here, other than to say that these are my husband’s complete preferred cookies At any time. I’m reintroducing them to you now with new photos and a a little current recipe which is even superior than my original.
Real truth is, I have likely designed Tony 50 unique varieties of cookies more than the yrs and still he carries on to ask for these. They are fantastic for a address-you date evening spent at dwelling, or whenever you want to truly impress a person with your baking skills — simply because let me convey to you: these cookies are simply just irresistible.
Absolutely free Best Manual to Cookie Baking
Indicator up underneath and get a Free printable e-ebook with my ideal guidelines & tricks for baking great cookies each and every time!
The serious dilemma while: what’s not to enjoy about chewy blueberry oatmeal cookies bursting with juicy blueberries in involving layers of coconut and sweet white chocolate chunks? NOMS.
Personally I assume these cookies embody the taste of a bakery-model blueberry muffin. Yep you examine that ideal, COOKIES THAT Taste LIKE A BLUEBERRY MUFFIN! Quite heavenly truly.
But don’t stress, these cookies nevertheless have crispy edges and a delicate, chewy center (like any actual cookie must.)
Blueberry oatmeal cookies components
There are a handful of elements that seriously assistance these blueberry oatmeal cookies stand out and style like a blueberry muffin. Here’s what you are going to need:
- Coconut oil: I enjoy working with coconut oil in cookies mainly because it retains the cookies super chewy, however they nevertheless get a little crispy together the edges. Additionally the taste is Wonderful.
- Darkish brown sugar: has a slightly more molasses taste, but mild brown sugar functions as well!
- Egg: You will have to have just one! I have not analyzed these with a flaxegg, but it would possible function perfectly.
- Vanilla + almond extract: for the reason that everyone is aware of almond + blueberry are a match created in heaven. And vanilla too!
- All purpose flour: you’ll only require 1 cup.
- Old fashioned rolled oats: I choose to use previous fashioned rolled oats but speedy oats will also function.
- Baking soda + salt: vital for appropriate baking.
- Shredded coconut: you can use sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut. For these cookies, I like to use sweetened form, but it’s up to you! Just make positive you are making use of shredded coconut NOT coconut flakes.
- White chocolate: you can use white chocolate chunks or white chocolate chips. Either will get the job done fantastically.
- Frozen blueberries: frozen blueberries are A lot a lot easier to work with than fresh new. You will pop about 3 frozen blueberries into every cookie dough scoop you roll.
How to freeze cookie dough for afterwards
Freezing cookie dough is amazing for the reason that it permits for part management or merely for prepping in advance when you have friends or are throwing a celebration. I Really like freezing further cookie dough since that way I can pop them in the oven whenever I want and it’s wonderful when you want to carry something to a get together or to a loved one’s house, but don’t experience like having a baking extravaganza. Here’s how to do it.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls and position them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill the dough in the freezer for 30 minutes. This is known as a flash freeze.
- As soon as the cookie dough balls business up, you can transfer them to a reusable freezer-safe bag or container. Cookie dough will continue to keep effectively for 2-3 months.
- When prepared to bake, remove dough from freezer and allow for it to thaw out with your preheat your oven. Then simply just bake cookies as directed in the recipe. You’ll most likely just need to add a few excess minutes of baking time! Get pleasure from.
How to freeze baked cookies for later
If you want to freeze the by now baked cookies for later on, simply wait for them to amazing absolutely, then transfer them to a reusable freezer-harmless bag or container lined with wax or parchment paper. I like to put them in a single layer to stay away from any cookies breaking. Cookies will continue to keep perfectly for up to 2 months. At the time prepared to try to eat, just thaw out at place temperature and love.
My favorite portion about these cookies are the blueberries that burst in your mouth when you take a chunk. That combined with the sweetness of the white chocolate in addition chewiness of the coconut and oats is a person of the best combos I have at any time tasted. I hope you love them.
I hope you appreciate these white chocolate blueberry coconut oatmeal cookies! If you make them, you should go away a remark & ranking to permit me know how you liked them. I genuinely take pleasure in it — xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Try to eat Enjoy Eats
This recipe was originally printed on June 14, 2014 and current on January 27, 2020.