Every single 12 months I host my well-known #AKZucchiniWeek loaded with delectable, sweet & savory zucchini recipes for every food. Final 12 months I developed this amazing, uncomplicated vegan pasta primavera recipe packed with a rainbow of veggies and tossed in a creamy garlic cashew sauce.
This plant-based mostly acquire on classic pasta primavera is so tasty that it deserved a minimal re-share. This pasta is certainly stacked with fresh veggies and I AM OBSESSED. The cashew garlic product sauce is so basic yet incredibly flavorful. I hope you really like it!
Absolutely free Zucchini Recipe E-Guide
Indication up beneath and get a Totally free downloadable, printable e-e-book with my finest zucchini recipes (sweet and savory!)
What is pasta primavera?
Classic pasta primavera was essentially founded in New York in the 1970s and is fundamentally just pasta with plenty of clean veggies that is generally tossed in a buttery, creamy sauce. The choices are countless for customizing with tons of unique veggies, so of training course, I wanted to produce my possess vegan choose on pasta primavera with a creamy cashew sauce which is basically a version of my jalapeno cashew product sauce (but devoid of jalapenos!)
Vegan pasta primavera substances
You’ll in essence just need to have tons of contemporary summer months veggies, pasta, seasonings and cashews to make this straightforward nonetheless oh-so-delectable vegan pasta primavera:
- Pasta: I like working with penne pasta, but really feel cost-free to use any variety of pasta you’d like (even gluten totally free pasta).
- Olive oil: for cooking your veggies till they are awesome and tender.
- Veggies: we’re applying crimson onion, carrot, pink bell pepper, broccoli, cherry tomatoes and of class, zucchini. Genuinely having the rainbow with this simple vegan pasta primavera! Truly feel no cost to combine and match primarily based on what you have. Corn and asparagus would be delightful, way too!
- Italian seasoning: for a minimal Italian taste in the pasta.
- For the creamy garlic cashew sauce: you will require uncooked cashews, h2o, lemon juice, garlic, onion powder, salt & pepper.
- Optional for serving: pink pepper flakes, additional salt & pepper and garlic crostini or my popular homemade garlic bread.
How to make creamy vegan garlic cashew sauce (aka plant-dependent alfredo sauce!)
The dairy totally free garlic cashew sauce is mainly a tasty, plant-based mostly get on alfredo sauce and I am all for it. To make it:
- Soften the cashews. You’ll do this by soaking them in 2 cups of heat drinking water for at the very least 2 hrs. Or else, I have observed that you can very easily velocity up the approach by introducing the uncooked cashews to a pot with water and inserting in excess of significant warmth. Bring h2o to a boil, then quickly transform off the warmth enable the cashews sit for about 20-30 minutes in the very hot h2o, then drain.
- Insert the ingredients to your blender. At the time the cashews have concluded soaking: include drained cashews, ½ cup fresh new drinking water, fresh lemon juice, garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper to a blender.
- Mix right until clean. Blend up all of the elements on significant until eventually the sauce arrives together. Style and increase any extra salt & pepper as vital. If you want a bit of a thinner sauce, incorporate 1-2 tablespoons extra drinking water. Set aside until eventually all set to use.
Can I use a various sauce?
Certain! If you have a nut allergy or want a much more standard, non-vegan pasta primavera, make the parmesan cheese sauce from this rooster pasta bake and fold your noodles and veggies proper into the sauce.
Vegan pasta primavera in 3 uncomplicated steps
- Make the sauce & pasta. Right after building your creamy garlic cashew sauce, cook dinner your pasta right until al dente, in accordance to the directions on the bundle.
- Cook dinner the veggies. While your pasta boils, you can prepare dinner your veggies. Insert olive oil to a substantial pot and location over medium heat. As soon as oil is scorching, include the onion, carrot, red bell pepper and broccoli saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Next incorporate in the zucchini and cook dinner for 2 minutes, or until eventually all the veggies are tender, but however have a tiny crisp to them. Last but not least stir in the tomatoes and italian seasoning and cook dinner for 1 minute a lot more.
- Mix it all alongside one another. At last, insert cooked pasta and cashew sauce to the pot with the veggies and stir to incorporate. Serve with red pepper flakes, if sought after. I love enjoying this with a aspect of garlic bread or with garlic crostini!
Customize your plant-centered pasta primavera
- Choose your veggies. Add any veggies you have on hand! In the spring peas and asparagus would be delectable, and summer tomatoes and corn would be good in right here, as well.
- Increase a protein. To hold it plant-dependent sense no cost to incorporate a can of chickpeas to the pasta. If you’re not vegan or vegetarian try incorporating some grilled rooster, shrimp or even crispy bacon. A sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan would also be mouth watering.
- Pick your pasta. Really feel free of charge to improve it up with your favored pasta styles. I advise rotini or bowties, or even massive shells would be fabulous. As I stated, you can use your favourite gluten free pasta as properly.
This creamy vegan pasta primavera will remain refreshing lined in the fridge for about 4-5 times. It’s delectable created in advance of time, far too, so feel free to prep it the evening in advance of for your weekday lunches.
A lot more vegan recipes to check out
Get all of our tasty vegan recipes right here, and all of our zucchini recipes in this article!
I hope you like this uncomplicated vegan pasta primavera recipe! If you make it be certain to leave a remark and a score so I know how you appreciated it. Continue to be tuned for extra zucchini recipes all 7 days, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by: Take in Like Eats
This submit was initially published on August 3, 2020, and republished with new photos on June 24, 2021.
Leave a Reply