Vegan & Paleo Pecan Pie Bars
OH Alright. Are you prepared for some balanced pecan pie bars that just so transpire to be equally vegan AND paleo pleasant? #hellyes.
Hear, I was usually a pumpkin pie sort of gal when it came to Thanksgiving, but pecan pie was normally on the desk much too. Sticky, sweet, crunchy, total of caramel and perfectly prosperous, who wouldn’t adore it?
This 12 months, I made a decision to make speedy and effortless pecan pie bars that are designed a little bit much healthier, by natural means sweetened and built with a wholesome almond flour shortbread crust. The filling is made with pure maple syrup, coconut sugar, coconut oil and crunchy pecans. Fundamentally it’s like a sticky, sweet salted caramel filling with pecans. SO DANG Very good. I highly recommend make these pecan pie bars ASAP!
No cost Final Thanksgiving Tutorial (+ printable checklist!)
Regardless of whether you are internet hosting or just attending, this Final Thanksgiving Guide email sequence is for absolutely everyone. Enter your email under to get all of my very best recipes, recommendations, and a Absolutely free printable checklist for all of your Thanksgiving desires.
Components in paleo pecan pie bars
These amazing vegan & paleo healthier pecan pie bars are made with just 7 uncomplicated ingredients (which include vanilla and salt) for a delicious bar that severely preferences like real pecan pie. Here’s what you will require to make them:
- Almond flour: the crust of these pecan pie bars are designed with a fine blanched almond flour to preserve them grain and gluten free of charge. I would not suggest utilizing yet another flour.
- Coconut oil: you are going to have to have a bit of coconut oil to give the crust the fantastic total of dampness and to hold them dairy cost-free. You can also use melted butter if you’d like and are not dairy cost-free.
- Maple syrup: we’re normally sweetening each the crust and the filling with some pure maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract & salt: you will incorporate vanilla and a bit of salt to pull together the flavors of the crust of the bars.
- Coconut sugar: the filling is made with a mix of coconut sugar and maple syrup to continue to keep these pecan pie bars paleo and obviously sweetened. You can also use brown sugar if you’d like.
- Pecans: the star of the display = pecans! You will increase chopped pecans to the filling of these bars and they’ll get pleasant and sweet and scrumptious.
- Extravagant Maldon sea salt: I appreciate adding a sprinkle of fancy sea salt for that mouth watering sweet & salty taste.
What will make these pecan pie bars more healthy?
Common pecan pie (and pecan pie bars) are manufactured with tons of butter, refined sugars and corn syrup. When I’m all about authentic offer, butter & sugar desserts, I wished to lighten these up a little bit and use all all-natural substances for a healthier just take on a tasty vintage. These healthy pecan pie bars are:
- Grain & gluten no cost thanks to an almond flour shortbread cookie crust.
- Dairy free of charge thanks to a bit of coconut oil alternatively of butter.
- Manufactured with unrefined sugars like maple syrup and coconut sugar.
- Packed with healthy fats many thanks to the almond flour and pecans!
How to make balanced pecan pie bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper. It’s critical to use an 8×8 inch as a 9×9 inch pan may well be also major.
- In a medium bowl increase the almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Blend with each other with a fork right until it sorts a awesome thick crumb texture. Increase to the pan and use your fingers to evenly press down into the pan. Bake for 6-7 minutes. Established aside to amazing though you make the pecan pie filling.
- Insert in coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla to a medium saucepan and place above medium-very low heat. The caramel combination will melt with each other and start off to simmer and bubble along the edges. Make confident you stir continually in the course of this course of action. Add in pecans and enable the mixture continue to cook dinner for 30 much more seconds, then right away pour caramel pecan combination on top rated of the cooled shortbread. Carefully and evenly unfold pecans more than the top.
- Bake for 17-20 more minutes, then eliminate from the oven and let to cool fully. Mixture will solidify once it cools. Once absolutely awesome, transfer to the fridge for at the very least an hour, then slice into 16 bars and provide. If bars are much too hard to lower, you might need to have to permit them sit at room temp for 20 minutes or so. Bars might will need to thaw out a bit at home temp to be chewy. Possibility to sprinkle with sea salt.
Ideas for generating healthier pecan pie bars
- Observe the recipe: be positive to adhere to the recipe and its components unless of course or else pointed out. This will make certain that the pecan pie bars arrive out with the right taste and consistency.
- Allow the crust neat: make positive to enable the crust interesting a bit right before incorporating the pecan pie filling so that the filling and crust do not mix all together. Be positive to also allow the bars amazing before putting them in the fridge.
- Don’t forget to refrigerate: the moment the pecan pie bars have totally cooled, don’t forget to refrigerate them for at the very least a person hour before serving so that they remain alongside one another properly. I know it’s tough, but really feel cost-free to make these a day ahead, way too!
How to store vegan pecan pie bars
In the fridge: I suggest storing these bars lined in the fridge for up to 1 week.
In the freezer: of course, these pecan pie bars are freezer-welcoming! When they’re complete cooled, only place them in an airtight container and pop them in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to take pleasure in a single, just enable it thaw a little bit in advance of eating.
If you like this recipe, you could also like
Check out out all of my Thanksgiving recipes right here, additionally additional desserts you are going to love:
Apple Pie Bars with Salted Peanut Butter Caramel
Ooey-Gooey Dark Chocolate Espresso Date Oat Bars
Greatest Healthful Apple Crisp Ever!
Healthier Comfortable Pumpkin Cookies with Salted Maple Frosting
Wholesome Peanut Butter Twix Bars (vegan & gluten no cost)
I hope you like these vegan & paleo pecan pie bars! If you make them be certain to go away a comment and a rating so I know how you appreciated them. Love, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by Consume Enjoy Eats
Leave a Reply