Vegan Curry Chickpea Salad Collard Wraps
It’s our 3rd #MeatlessMonday meal of Earth Thirty day period and I’m SO energized to share this plant centered magic with you. We have been attempting to include a lot more plant based meals here on SRCooking and we hope you’re loving it.
I dreamt up these beautiful curry chickpea salad wraps a couple of months again when I was craving clean flavors and plenty of crunchy veggies. These uncomplicated, vegan collard wraps were being just the point! I put together protein packed chickpeas with a rainbow of veggies, tossed them with my renowned curry tahini dressing and wrapped it all alongside one another in a large collard environmentally friendly leaf.
Double the veggies, double the fun!
Prep these beautiful wraps for a straightforward weekday lunch paired with your fav sides! Could I counsel these paleo crackers? YUM.
Want to take in much more vegetation?
We’re nevertheless celebrating Earth Thirty day period and I have obtained you lined with my manufacturer new, Free of charge electronic mail sequence: 5 Days of Plant-Based mostly Eating! In this collection I share my best plant-primarily based, vegan recipes with you to take pleasure in for every food of the working day — snacks & desserts involved!
Get all of the deets & sign up here to enjoy colourful, veggie-packed meals all time lengthy.
What you are going to need to make these chickpea salad wraps
These vegan curry chickpea salad wraps use tons of fresh new flavors and substances for an uncomplicated lunch or supper you can truly feel great about. Here’s anything you are going to need to make them:
- For the chickpea salad: you will will need a can of chickpeas, celery, shredded carrots, dried tart cherries, cilantro and some pink onion.
- For the dressing: this tahini curry dressing is Every little thing. To make it you are going to have to have tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, curry powder, fresh new ginger, turmeric, garlic powder, cayenne pepper (if you like spice) and a minimal salt & pepper.
- For the wraps: you’re going to use 4 big collard environmentally friendly leaves, shredded crimson cabbage, some a lot more cilantro and roasted cashews.
Personalize your collard wraps
For the reason that these chickpea collard wraps are generally filled with colourful veggies, they’re also super easy to customize! Listed here are some strategies:
- Opt for your protein: these collard wraps would also be delectable with cooked, cubed tofu or even grilled rooster (if you’re not vegan).
- Adjust up your veggies: these wraps would also be tasty with bell pepper or very finely chopped brussels sprouts or broccoli.
- Use your fav dried fruit: I adore dried cherries in this recipe, but dried cranberries, golden raisins or Medjool dates would all be delectable.
- Swap your dressing. If you are not a massive admirer of curry flavor, this peanut dressing would also be delightful.
- Add some heat: I adore introducing a tiny spice to these chickpea salad wraps. Come to feel free of charge to insert some cayenne pepper to the dressing or even sliced jalapeño specifically to the wraps!
Chickpea salad wraps in 5 quick methods
These vegan chickpea salad wraps could not be less complicated to make. Here’s how to do it:
- Blend the salad. Start by mashing your chickpeas and mixing them together with the rest of people fresh salad ingredients.
- Make the dressing. Stir up that creamy tahini curry dressing until finally it’s wonderful and clean.
- Merge, taste & modify. Pour the dressing all in excess of the chickpea salad and combine it perfectly. Taste and incorporate extra salt & pepper if you’d like.
- Wrap your collard leaves. Prep your collard leaves, best every leaf with 1/4th of the chickpea salad and wrap them up. See just how to do this underneath and in the movie!
- Slice & take pleasure in. Slice every collard wrap in 50 percent and delight in!
Dress it and dip it
Ok, this curry tahini dressing is SO flavorful and addicting, so why not double it? Sense absolutely free to make a 2nd batch of the dressing on the aspect for dipping! GENIUS.
Wrapping collard greens 101
Rolling up that giant collard environmentally friendly leaf may perhaps audio (and glance) daunting, but I’m right here to stroll you by way of it action-by-step:
Stage 1: reduce & shave down the stem
You are going to get started by chopping the stem off of the collard green leaf and then carefully employing your knife to shave it down so that it’s flat. This will assist reduce the collard leaf from breaking at the finish and make it simpler to roll up.
Action 2: add your chickpea salad
Subsequent, add 1/4th of the chickpea salad and the relaxation of the toppings to the center-base of the collard wrap.
Stage 3: roll that infant up
You’ll then cautiously roll the collard wrap up just like you would with a burrito. Fold in the ends of the wrap as you go so that almost everything stays inside of awesome and cosy.
Action 4: slice and take in
When you’re completely ready to get pleasure from it, slice your chickpea collard wrap in 50 percent and eat it up!
Retail store any leftover chickpea salad or chickpea salad wraps in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. These collard wraps are fantastic for food prep!
Want to eat additional plants?
I’ve acquired you covered with my brand name new, Free e-mail series: 5 Days of Plant-Dependent Taking in! In this collection I share my finest plant-primarily based, vegan recipes with you to get pleasure from for every single food of the working day — snacks & desserts integrated!
Get all of the deets & sign up here to enjoy vibrant, veggie-packed foods all period extended.
Far more vegan lunches you’ll really like
Get all of our awesome vegan recipes below!
I hope you adore these delectable curry chickpea salad wraps! If you make them be absolutely sure to depart a comment & a ranking so I know how you liked them. Love, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Eat Adore Eats
Leave a Reply