Vegan Curried Pumpkin Lentil Soup
Have you been looking for a cozy, hug-in-a-bowl recipe now that we’re nearing the end of summertime? This amazing curried pumpkin lentil soup recipe has every little thing you could want in a soup. It’s hearty, loaded with heat flavors and scrumptious with your favourite crackers or a facet of garlic naan (yum).
Soup year is in all probability my favorite time of 12 months and this is definitely the fantastic recipe to kick it off! You are going to like how simple it is to make with a couple of pantry staples and spices. As well as, it is loaded with fantastic pumpkin flavor and I know you are all pumpkin obsessed like I am.
Make a massive batch and freeze some for later on, or provide it up and view the kiddos fall in appreciate, as well! Lunch & meal is served.
Searching for more mouth watering soup recipes?
Enter your email to get one particular of our Greatest soup recipes straight to your inbox each individual working day for 10 days. Absolutely Free!
Components in vegan pumpkin lentil soup
This nourishing vegan curried pumpkin lentil soup is comprehensive of nutrients and cozy flavors that you are going to appreciate all season prolonged. In addition, it packs some veggies and is quick to make! Here’s what you will require:
- Veggies: we’re adding onion and carrot for a veggie and texture improve in this lentil soup. You’ll need a little bit of olive oil to cook them down.
- Herbs & spices: gotta have savory garlic, moreover some freshly grated ginger, yellow curry powder and a kick of heat from cayenne pepper (if you’d like). Round out all of the flavors with salt and pepper to style!
- For the broth: maintain the soup vegan & vegetarian with vegetarian broth or h2o. You are going to also add light coconut milk for subtle sweetness. So great! The broth will support skinny the soup and cook the lentils.
- Lentils: you can use eco-friendly or brown lentils in this recipe. Just be positive to sort and rinse them.
- Pumpkin puree: gotta have that pumpkin taste in the pumpkin lentil soup! Really feel cost-free to use canned pumpkin puree or make your very own with this tutorial.
- To garnish: I like to major my bowl with added fresh diced cilantro, greek yogurt, salsa (it is so good!), pita or naan bread for dipping.
Personalize your soup
Seeking for an ingredient swap or addition in this pumpkin lentil soup? Here’s what I can endorse:
- Swap the pumpkin. I imagine pureed sweet potato would also be delicious as the foundation in this recipe.
- Up the protein. Even though the soup previously has practically 10g of protein for each serving thanks to the lentils, this soup would also be scrumptious with cooked, floor turkey or chicken.
- Add a kick of warmth. If you like spice, experience cost-free to bump up the cayenne pepper! Cool it off with further coconut milk on major or even greek yogurt.
How to make pumpkin lentil curry soup
- Prepare dinner down the veggies. Start out by adding olive oil in a massive pot and put about medium significant heat. Once oil is incredibly hot, insert in onion, carrot and garlic. Saute till onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Increase spices. Carry the warmth to medium very low and incorporate in ginger, curry powder and cayenne. Stir jointly for 30 seconds.
- Pull it all with each other. Future stir in water or broth, coconut milk, lentils and pumpkin puree. If you’d like, you can reserve 2 tablespoons of coconut milk for drizzling on leading when the soup is performed. Season the soup with salt and freshly floor black pepper.
- Prepare dinner & simmer. Deliver soup to boil, then lower heat and simmer above medium very low for 30 minutes or right up until lentils are tender and tender. The soup ought to thicken up, but if it receives far too thick for your liking, then feel absolutely free to include an excess ½ cup-1 cup h2o or broth. Taste and regulate seasonings as vital, introducing additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish and provide. Provide soup promptly and drizzle in a circle with leftover coconut milk. Garnish with cilantro, yogurt and salsa if you’d like. I like to serve mine with naan or pita bread for dipping.
Storing & freezing ideas
- To keep: retail outlet this creamy pumpkin lentil soup recipe in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Truly feel totally free to reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop!
- To freeze: allow the soup absolutely neat and then transfer it to a freezer-safe and sound container (or various containers for meal prep uses). Freeze for up to 2 months. To reheat, very first allow the soup thaw in the fridge, then heat the soup in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Our fav sides to provide this pumpkin lentil soup
What’s a soup with out mouth watering sides? In this article are some of our favourite types to provide with the soup:
Much more pumpkin recipes to try
Get all of our scrumptious pumpkin recipes below!
I hope you appreciate this scrumptious vegan curried pumpkin lentil soup recipe! If you make it be certain to depart a remark and a score so I know how you liked it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Eat Really like Eats
This post was initially published on October 8, 2020 and republished on September 20, 2021.
Leave a Reply