I teased this outstanding recipe a number of months ago on Instagram and dependent on everyone’s response I understood I had to get these posted ASAP. These are seriously the most delectable, fluffy vegan banana muffins I have ever manufactured (or eaten!) I made these beauties with oatmeal for a hearty, nutritious enhance that takes them to the up coming degree.
If you’ve been loving my vegan banana bread you are heading to definitely adore these properly moist vegan banana oatmeal muffins. They are freezer-pleasant and make the ideal, straightforward breakfast or snack for the kiddos.
As always, come to feel cost-free to get a lil’ wild and increase some chocolate chips or your fav chopped nuts! You do you. Enjoy!
What tends to make these banana oatmeal muffins vegan?
We’re skipping the dairy and eggs in these fluffy vegan banana muffins and are alternatively applying:
- Flaxseed meal rather of eggs
- Coconut oil as a substitute of butter
- Dairy cost-free milk alternatively of normal milk
- And dairy cost-free chocolate chips as a substitute of frequent ones
Almost everything you will need to make vegan banana muffins
This nutritious vegan banana muffin recipe is built with a good deal of pantry staples for relieve and they are severely some of the fluffiest muffins I have ever made. Here’s what you are going to need to have to make them:
- Bananas: you are going to require about 3 bananas to the natural way sweeten the muffin and give them that tasty banana taste.
- Coconut sugar: we’re the natural way sweetening these vegan banana muffins with coconut sugar.
- Flaxseed food: rather of eggs, these banana muffins have flaxseed food to preserve them vegan and assistance them hold with each other perfectly.
- Milk: really feel no cost to use any dairy free milk you’d like.
- Coconut oil: you’ll also want some coconut oil to insert moisture to the muffins. Vegan butter is effective just as nicely!
- Flour: these vegan banana muffins are built with all reason flour to preserve them tremendous fluffy. See below for my substitute recommendations!
- Oats: who doesn’t adore a good oatmeal muffin? You’ll need to have rolled oats for the great texture.
- Baking staples: you’ll also want baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon & salt.
- Optional include-ins: I love mixing in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts or pecans, but the option is yours! Be confident to use dairy totally free chocolate chips to maintain them vegan.
Optional ingredient swaps
I’d suggest sticking to the recipe as very best you can so that the banana oatmeal muffins switch out flawlessly fluffy and delightful, but if you do need to make some substitutions here’s what I can suggest:
- Opt for your sugar. I like to maintain these refined sugar totally free by applying coconut sugar, but brown sugar will do the job just as properly.
- Swap your flour. Employing all objective flour offers them the ideal, fluffy texture, but you can also use a complete wheat flour (I suggest entire wheat pastry flour). If you do use entire wheat flour you will likely need to have 2-4 extra tablespoons of milk as full wheat flour tends to be a lot more dense.
- Make them gluten no cost. I recommend attempting chickpea flour or an all reason gluten cost-free flour, but I do not recommend swapping for almond flour or coconut flour.
Can I use metal minimize oats?
I would not recommend utilizing metal minimize oats in this recipe as they are substantially grittier and denser. Rolled oats make these vegan banana muffins super fluffy.
How to use frozen bananas in muffins
Of course, these vegan banana oatmeal muffins will operate employing frozen bananas! Just be confident to thaw your bananas wholly and drain off the excess liquid so that the muffins really don’t end up way too moist.
Guidelines for earning the very best vegan banana muffins
- Use added ripe bananas. I suggest Further ripe and virtually brown. They’ll give these vegan banana oatmeal muffins a natural sweetness.
- Use new baking soda & powder. This will guarantee that the muffins rise thoroughly. If your baking soda or baking powder is a lot more than 3 months aged I’d counsel swapping it out.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Mix the flour into your wet substances until eventually it’s just mixed. If you overmix the batter your muffins might switch out dense and almost rubbery, which we really do not want. It is all right if there are some lumps of banana in the batter!
Freezer-helpful banana oatmeal muffins
I enjoy freezing these vegan banana muffins for straightforward breakfasts and treats. Merely wrap muffins separately in freezer-risk-free luggage or keep them in a huge freezer bag. When you’re completely ready to love them, reheat for 30-45 seconds in the microwave or simply thaw them at home temperature.
Advised instruments for baking muffins
Check out out all of our most loved kitchen necessities in the store.
Far more muffin recipes you’ll like
Get all of our mouth watering muffin recipes in this article!
I hope you love these fluffy vegan banana oatmeal muffins! If you make them I’d appreciate for you to leave a comment and score permitting me know how you favored them. Appreciate xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Take in Adore Eats