Upside-Down Banana French Toast Bake
Indeed, we’re in the ultimate countdown to Thanksgiving and of course, that indicates we have to discuss about breakfast! On the early morning of Thanksgiving, it’s so vital to consume a hearty breakfast so that you can keep your energy up all day extended. If you have heaps of kitchen helpers, gotta make certain they’re effectively-fed, too.
Which is where by this epic banana french toast bake will come in. It is tremendous easy to make, can be prepped the night just before, and severely tastes like bananas foster. I took my popular orange caramel pecan french toast bake and extra a gooey caramel-banana twist for a brunch deal with you are heading to unquestionably like. It’s so very good that I bet you could incorporate a scoop of ice product and literally consume it as a conventional bananas foster dessert. JUST SAYIN’.
Prep this lovely pan right away and wake up prepared to crush the day. That goes for Thanksgiving early morning, Xmas, and every single holiday in-involving. It can make the excellent brunch handle for any event and is freezer-helpful, far too.
What is “bananas foster?”
Bananas foster is a rich dessert in which bananas are cooked in a sauce produced from butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Eating places oftentimes then add dark rum and banana liquor to the combination and mild it on fireplace! This is served with ice product for a definitely decadent dessert.
We’re having the same flavors (minus the booze) and turning it into an outstanding, dairy free banana french toast casserole that has the exact gooey, delightful caramel and banana flavors.
Components in this banana french toast bake
This straightforward banana french toast casserole works by using super uncomplicated components and is a wonderful way to use up day aged bread you might have laying about. Here’s every little thing you will require to make it:
- For the caramel: to get individuals delicious caramelized bananas you are going to require brown sugar or coconut sugar, salted butter, chopped pecans, bananas, and a minimal sea salt.
- For the french toast: you’ll need to have eggs, milk (I ordinarily use vanilla unsweetened almond milk to continue to keep it dairy no cost), far more brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and day aged French or Italian bread. Extra on the bread underneath!
- For the topping: I really like, and hugely propose, further brown sugar for sprinkling on top.
- For serving: this banana french toast bake is delectable as-is, but even superior with berries, contemporary banana slices, powdered sugar, or even a little drizzle of maple syrup on prime. YUM.
Which bread is most effective for french toast?
Bread that is a working day or two aged is ideal for making use of in this french toast casserole since it is marginally drier and will reduce the french toast from having soggy. I prefer a French or Italian loaf mainly because the texture retains up well.
How to make a gluten absolutely free french toast bake
You can easily make this bananas foster french toast bake gluten no cost by utilizing a gluten absolutely free loaf. Be certain that it’s related to Italian or French bread so that the texture holds up effectively.
Bananas foster french toast bake in 5 easy actions
- Prep your pan. Begin by spraying a 13×9 inch baking dish or 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make the caramel. Up coming, blend the melted butter and brown sugar in a bowl and pour it into your baking dish — spreading it out evenly on the base and sides.
- Layer the french toast. Sprinkle on the sliced bananas & pecans, and position the cubed bread evenly in excess of the banana layer.
- Make the egg mixture. Whisk jointly the eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla & cinnamon and pour it above the french toast bake. Make positive each and every piece of bread is coated properly! Go over it up and refrigerate right away or for at least 4 hours so that the flavors all meld with each other.
- Bake & serve. Just before baking, sprinkle on some a lot more brown sugar for a mouth watering, sugary crust, then bake right up until it is golden brown. To serve, flip just about every piece upside-down so that the caramel, bananas & pecans are on prime, then incorporate your fav toppings and love!
Make it forward of time
As I stated, you can prep this french toast bake the night time right before! Merely assemble it all and retailer it in the fridge right up until the subsequent early morning. This enables the flavors to genuinely soak into the bread, and you can just bake it up the future morning for the best holiday breakfast.
How to keep & freeze this banana french toast casserole
- To retail outlet: retail store the complete french toast bake lined or slices of the bake in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 times. Basically reheat slices in the microwave at 30-next intervals.
- To freeze: first, wrap person slices (or the total thing) in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, and then position the french toast bake in a zip-prime freezer bag. When you’re prepared to provide it, only thaw the slices or complete bake in the fridge overnight and then warmth in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until heated by way of.
Additional brunch recipes great for the holiday seasons
Get all of our incredible breakfast recipes right here, and even more Thanksgiving recipes here!
I hope you really like this upside-down bananas foster french toast bake! If you make it be certain to leave a comment and a ranking so I know how you appreciated it. Delight in, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by: Take in Love Eats
Leave a Reply