Tony’s Grilled Brussels Sprouts (made in foil packs!)
Have you at any time had brussels sprouts on the grill?
We have been going as a result of a bit of an obsession lately above below. Tony makes them at least two times a week to pair with chicken sausages, my honey mustard rooster or salmon. We just can not get ample and normally look to be coming back to this uncomplicated, nonetheless oddly addicting dish, so I figured, why not put it on the website.
These grilled brussels sprouts are tender, caramelized and great paired with my garlic fingerling potatoes (that you can also grill!) and make the finest healthier side dish throughout the summer time when you never sense like turning on your oven.
Uncomplicated grilled brussels sprouts elements
You practically only will need 6 basic components to make this foil pack grilled brussels sprouts:
- Brussels sprouts: of training course, simply because that is what we’re grilling up!
- Yellow onion: for an added veggie and boost of flavor.
- Olive oil: to coat the onion and brussels sprouts effectively.
- Spices: we’re just using garlic powder, salt & pepper in this recipe. Straightforward, but extremely flavorful!
How to grill brussels sprouts in foil
We’re using a foil pack technique to make these easy grilled brussels sprouts. It’s definitely a activity changer!
- Very first, preheat your grill to 400 degrees. Clean your brussels sprouts and pat them dry.
- Future, area your brussels and onion slices in a massive bowl, then drizzle them with olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Make your foil pack: increase the brussels on to a substantial piece of foil, then add one more substantial piece of foil on top. Seal the edges by folding a piece of foil alongside one another. Use a fork or knife to poke a gap at the prime of the foil to enable some steam to escape.
- Grill the whole foil pack: place it around direct heat on the preheated grill and grill for close to 20-25 minutes. Serve straight away, incorporating far more salt and pepper if vital.
Really feel absolutely free to double the recipe and make two independent foil packs to provide 4 folks.
Why use a foil pack to grill brussels sprouts?
- It prevents the brussels sprouts from slipping by the grill grates (phew)
- A foil pack also holds in all of the spices and oil so none of it spill by the grates
- Making use of a sealed foil pack with holes poked in the leading can help to evenly cook the brussels sprouts all the way by without them having mushy from the steam.
Customise your grilled brussels sprouts
I appreciate trying to keep the brussels sprouts uncomplicated with garlic powder, salt & pepper, but come to feel no cost to make them your individual!
- Incorporate your favorite spices and seasonings like chili powder & cayenne pepper for a kick of warmth, balsamic, rosemary & thyme for and herby taste, or even maple syrup, garlic and cinnamon for a sweet & savory combo.
- Include some chopped bacon or pancetta for an even more savory taste.
- Toss in some excess veggies like carrots, purple onion, bell pepper or asparagus. Just be certain to space every little thing out so that it cooks evenly.
How to retail store grilled brussels sprouts
If you have any brussels sprouts leftover really feel absolutely free to keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 times. To reheat simply place them in the microwave right until they’re heated as a result of or toss them on the stovetop.
What to provide with grilled brussels sprouts
These easy grilled brussels sprouts in foil make the very best side dish for your favored summertime mains. Right here are some of my favorites:
I hope you enjoy this uncomplicated foil pack grilled brussels sprouts recipe! If you make them be positive to leave a comment & a ranking to allow me know how you preferred them. Delight in, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by: Try to eat Enjoy Eats
Leave a Reply