Typically I really don’t Really like to claim items are the most effective, especially in my line of work. Even so, when I’m able to make a usually calorie-laden blueberry muffins equally nutritious and unbelievable, I get a little psyched. Even far more thrilled when I by some means was equipped to make these healthy blueberry muffins the two gluten no cost AND dairy free of charge so that absolutely everyone can appreciate them. Leaping for joy around in this article!
I 1st designed these beautiful blueberry oatmeal muffins when I needed them the most: a number of times soon after I arrived down with an completely dreadful submit-nasal drip cough coupled with a lack of sleep. I stumbled into the kitchen area early 1 morning and uncovered additional blueberries sitting in the fridge, begging to be thrown into some muffin batter. So off to bake I went!
It neared 7am Tony was still sleeping as I pulled the monumental muffins out of the oven and established them on the cooling rack. My goodness they have been charming and bursting with juicy blue color. I still left a note for T to try out them, then went out to operate a couple errands.
On my return, Tony had by now eaten two! He burst into the room and asked how I had created the best “sugar cookie” muffins he’s at any time experienced. How lovely that he thinks my nutritious blueberry muffins taste like sugar cookies, ideal?! This is why I adore him.
It did make sense nevertheless given that the muffins ended up produced with almond flour most sugar cookies get in touch with for almond extract, so he was not that far off his muffin video game.
What helps make these blueberry muffins healthy?
Rather of your common bakery-design blueberry muffins (which are scrumptious and a need to-check out, no doubt), I developed a version that focuses on nutritious, more healthful substances aka what I do best.
There is no butter, no refined sweeteners, no gluten and no dairy in these healthy blueberry muffins. They’re actually the fantastic seize and go muffin and good for children, too!
Everything you will have to have to make nutritious blueberry muffins
These mouth watering blueberry oatmeal muffins are packed with nutritious components but nevertheless have that fantastic, nostalgic blueberry muffin flavor. Or if you’re like Tony, that “sugar cookie” taste. YUM. Here’s what you’ll will need to make them:
- Almond flour & oat flour: the foundation of the muffins is made up of a mixture of oat flour and almond flour, two very accessible gluten free flours. See under for an effortless way to make your individual oat flour at home!
- Pure maple syrup: the muffins are in a natural way sweetened with a hint of maple syrup. Truthfully the volume is PERFECT and assists the blueberry taste glow as a result of. I love dark maple syrup for the reason that it tends to have a richer flavor.
- A splash of vinegar: there is a trace of apple cider vinegar in the muffins which can help them to rise appropriately. You can also use white vinegar or lemon juice if that is what you have on hand. Do not be concerned you won’t be in a position to taste it!
- Eggs: when I initially produced this recipe, I employed only a single egg. Immediately after further screening, I have current the recipe to use two eggs. They’re just so much fluffier and delectable this way. Notes on subs down below!
- Dairy totally free milk: To continue to keep these blueberry oatmeal muffins dairy free of charge, I baked with almond milk, but you can also use your most loved dairy totally free milk of choice.
- Baking staples: you are going to also want some vanilla extract, baking soda & salt.
- Contemporary blueberries: Lastly, I would advocate making use of contemporary blueberries in this recipe due to the fact to me, they’re normally additional flavorful. Be warned that if you choose frozen, the muffins might finish up with a minor bit of a blueberry-purple color.
How to make your personal oat flour
Fantastic news, you can quickly make your have oat flour suitable at home to use in this blueberry muffin recipe. Examine out my tutorial on how to make home made oat flour appropriate at residence. So quick!
Can I make these nutritious blueberry muffins vegan?
We imagine these blueberry oatmeal muffins can also be designed vegan but merely using 2 flax eggs in spot of the regular eggs, even so we have not analyzed them to be particular. Allow us know if you give it a consider, then be absolutely sure to go away a comment underneath!
Diverse flour substitutions
I do not suggest subbing in any other flour for the almond flour. However, I consider you could sub in all objective flour or a gluten totally free all objective flour for the oat flour you may have to have to add a splash a lot more milk while!
Guidelines for earning the best healthy blueberry muffins
- Pack your almond flour. When you evaluate the almond flour be certain to pack it just like you would with brown sugar. However, do not pack your oat flour.
- Coat your blueberries. Right before introducing the blueberries to your muffin batter toss them in a small oat flour. This will protect against them from turning the muffins blue!
- Use refreshing blueberries. Applying new blueberries aids the muffins from seizing up. Frozen blueberries will work but I like using fresh in this recipe!
- Really don’t skip the muffin liners: Make certain you spray the inside of your muffin liners with nonstick cooking spray to avert muffins from sticking.
Make it into a healthier blueberry muffin bread
I believe these healthful blueberry muffins can be created into a delightful bread! Just pour the batter into an 8×4 inch loaf pan greased and lined with parchment paper. Bake for 40-50 minutes right until a toothpick comes out cleanse.
You can also test my amazing Good Early morning Almond Flour Blueberry Muffin Bread for a delicious, gluten cost-free and dairy free bread option!
How to store & freeze muffins
To keep: spot these gluten totally free blueberry muffins on the counter in an airtight container or bag for a working day, then transfer to the fridge.
To freeze: allow the muffins to great entirely then set in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When prepared to reheat, you can thaw at home temperature, or heat up in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
Resources you’ll need to have to make these muffins
Far more healthful muffin recipes you’ll adore
Get all of our mouth watering muffin recipes below!
I hope you enjoy these healthy blueberry muffins! And of class, no disgrace in slathering your most loved nut butter on them. If you make them be absolutely sure to depart a comment & a ranking so I know how you favored them. Take pleasure in, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Try to eat Really like Eats
Leave a Reply