The Best Crispy Smashed Potatoes
I experienced to share the best, most tasty side dish you may at any time make. If you’re a potato lover like I am (certainly, who is not?!) then get completely ready for your new favored way to make them other than my famed sluggish cooker mashed potatoes.
These amazing crispy smashed potatoes have those people crave-equipped golden edges, flawlessly fluffy centers inside and the excellent sum of seasoning to make them certainly addicting. When Rebecca, Abra and I cooked them up final yr for Thanksgiving we seriously could not stop snacking on them (most likely due to the fact they style like french fries).
This crispy smashed potato recipe will make these a terrific appetizer or aspect dish that is super uncomplicated to customize with your favourite seasoning and, of course, excellent dipping sauces. I have provided fun types of the two underneath, so these potatoes are seriously a opt for-your-individual-experience kind of recipe. In the best way possible!
May possibly I suggest a total potato station with about 5-10 various sauces to choose from? Alright, best getaway season (or truly any time dinner facet).
Everything you need to have for the finest crispy smashed potatoes
A person of the primary good reasons why I really like this recipe (and why you will, far too) is due to the fact it calls for super minimum components but the outcome is SO scrumptious and a assured group-pleaser. Here’s what you are going to need to have:
- Gold potatoes: I consider that yukon gold potatoes have the finest taste and get nice and crispy, but you could also use red potatoes.
- Olive oil: you will want lots of olive oil to roast the potatoes to crispy perfection.
- Seasonings: we’re going uncomplicated with a good deal of salt and pepper, in addition garlic powder. See beneath for even far more tips for seasonings!
- For the sauce: gotta really like dipping & drizzling crispy smashed potatoes! In this recipe, I paired them with my famous garlic feta sauce, but I have integrated tons of options beneath.
Far more delicious seasonings
On the lookout to jazz these potatoes up even much more? Check out a person of these tasty seasoning combos:
- My do-it-yourself sazon seasoning is a will have to-test — created with cumin, coriander, annatto seeds (or turmeric) and much more for a daring, scrumptious flavor.
- Remarkable handmade taco seasoning isn’t just for meat! Toss it with these smashed potatoes for a kick of flavor and heat.
- Try out a balsamic and herb taste by introducing 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon fresh thyme and 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary to the olive oil & garlic powder in this recipe!
- A person of my favored combos is a Moroccan-inspired seasoning with 1 teaspoon floor cumin, 1 teaspoon ground turmeric, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder & salt, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and loads of black pepper.
- Include a excellent jerk seasoning from this scrumptious jerk hen recipe!
- Curry flavors from this salad recipe get these potatoes to the following stage by introducing 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper and salt & pepper.
- Try topping them with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh parsley or chives for a lovely, savory combo.
How to make smashed potatoes
Making smashed potatoes does get a bit of time, but the measures are so uncomplicated and of study course, SO well worth it.
- Boil your potatoes. You’ll get started by cooking your potatoes in boiling h2o till they are just fork tender. Be absolutely sure to drain them and allow them great for about 5 minutes, then dump them onto your massive sheet pan.
- Smash ’em. Listed here arrives the enjoyable element! Use a major bottomed pot, mug or even yet another sheet pan to smash the potatoes till they’re about 1/3 inch thick and flat on two sides. Be careful not to smash them much too considerably as we want them to keep jointly and bake evenly.
- Time & bake ’em. You will then want to blend the olive oil with the garlic powder and brush that all over the potatoes. Remember to include loads of salt and pepper as properly, then bake them at 450 degrees, flipping halfway through, until finally they’re golden and crispy.
- Sauce bash. When the potatoes are baking you can make your garlic feta sauce, or any sauce you’d like! Scroll down below for tons of suggestions.
- Garnish & serve. As soon as the potatoes are golden and crispy, garnish them with refreshing herbs like rosemary or parsley and drizzle or provide them with your fav sauce!
Guidelines for ultra crispy potatoes
- Use compact potatoes. Scaled-down potatoes will bake up great and crispy, and be less difficult to “smash” before baking. Choose gold (or red) potatoes that are modest and even in sizing.
- Do not skimp on olive oil. We really don’t want burnt potatoes, so use a good volume of olive oil when you’re baking these smashed potatoes so that they are effectively coated. This will enable to prevent them from sticking to your pan and also generate a awesome crispy exterior. Promise they will not be greasy!
- Time them properly. Garlic powder, salt and pepper go a prolonged way, so really do not ignore to insert plenty S&P or use just one of the seasonings mentioned higher than!
- House out your potatoes. Be certain to evenly place out your smashed potatoes on a big baking sheet so that they bake adequately. If your pan is also small, I recommend working with two different pans. A crowded pan will guide to uneven cooking and won’t permit the outsides of the potatoes get crispy.
- Bake them in a sizzling oven. We’re baking these babies at 450 levels so that they really crisp up!
Our favourite dipping (and drizzling) sauces
Of course, these crispy smashed potatoes are delicious heat straight from the oven, but if you like dips & sauces like I do right here are some wonderful ones for dipping & drizzling (I indicated V for vegan!):
Get all of my awesome home made dips & sauces in this article!
Storing & reheating suggestions
- To store: keep any leftover smashed potatoes in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3-5 times.
- To reheat: feel absolutely free to reheat the potatoes suitable back again in the oven at 400 levels F for about 10 minutes. You can also reheat them in the microwave right until warmed by, while they will not be as crispy.
Make them in advance of time
Help you save time by prepping the potatoes the evening in advance of baking! Merely boil the potatoes, smash them on your baking sheet, include evenly with foil or plastic wrap and retail store them in the refrigerator overnight. Then in the morning you can year and bake according to the directions.
Far more remarkable applications & sides
Get all of our mouth watering facet dishes listed here!
I hope you like this crispy smashed potatoes recipe! If you make it be guaranteed to depart a comment and a score so I know how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Recipe by: SRcooking // SRcooking | Images by: Take in Love Eats
Leave a Reply