Superwoman Nut & Seed Granola
I’m back with a different gorgeous chunky granola full of huge clusters, healthy fat, iron-boosting elements and oh so crunchy. It is for all the superwomen out there.
A single of my favored write-up work out breakfasts are yogurt bowls topped with granola (or A few Needs Cereal), berries, banana slices, a drizzle of honey and a tiny little bit of peanut butter. You get protein from the yogurt, wholesome fats many thanks to nut butter, crunch from granola and new nutritious fruit.
This specific nut and seed granola is produced with 4 distinctive sorts of nuts, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and by natural means sweetened with pure maple syrup. I designed it exclusively for gals who will need an added strengthen of iron in their diet program, or for those who enjoy to refuel with granola right after a exercise. It’s actually a granola you can really feel very good about taking in.
Nut and seed granola elements
This unbelievable nut and seed granola recipe will have you emotion like straight up superwoman. It’s packed with healthier fats, fiber, iron-boosting substances & omega-3’s for the best breakfast or afternoon snack. Here’s what you require to make it:
- Rolled oats & oat flour: get that perfect cluster texture with a mix of rolled oats and oat flour — gluten free of charge if wished-for. See beneath for guidance on how to make your have oat flour appropriate at dwelling, far too!
- Flaxseed meal: I like the raise of fiber & omega-3’s that flaxseed food provides to this nut and seed granola.
- Ground cinnamon & salt: we’re incorporating a minimal cozy cinnamon and some salt to properly spice up the granola.
- Nuts: we’re working with a combine of uncooked cashews, uncooked pecans, raw walnuts & sliced almonds. So substantially crunchy goodness and nutritious fats.
- Pumpkin seeds: the “seed” aspect of this nut and seed granola will come from uncooked pumpkin seeds. They give it this sort of a great texture.
- Hemp seeds: also recognised as hemp hearts — these very little seeds are a fantastic source of protein, healthier fats, iron and vitamin E.
- Unsweetened coconut flakes: I like the refined, toasted coconut taste you get from introducing coconut flakes to this granola.
- Coconut oil: a bit of coconut oil can help the granola to bake up pleasant and golden brown.
- Maple syrup & vanilla: for a minor natural sweetness we’re introducing some pure maple syrup and vanilla extract. So excellent!
How to make nut and seed granola
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a substantial baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a massive bowl, stir with each other oats, oat flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, salt, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, hemp seeds and coconut flakes. Established apart.
- Next, insert coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a modest saucepan and location around very low heat, stirring commonly right until coconut oil is entirely melted. Pour above dry ingredients and mix effectively until finally oats are entirely coated.
- Upcoming spread the granola on the baking sheet in an even layer and push down utilizing a spatula (we’re going to bake it like it is one huge cookie!). Bake for 35-40 minutes until finally golden brown and fragrant. After done, get rid of from the oven and let the granola to great on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes ahead of you split it into huge clumps.
- Transfer to an airtight container or big mason jar. Very best employed within just 7-10 days. Makes 12 servings.
Make your possess oat flour for this granola
Fantastic news, you can easily make your own oat flour suitable at property to use in this granola recipe. Verify out my tutorial with all of my greatest ideas & methods. So simple!
Boost your iron ingestion with this granola
This wholesome granola recipe includes the two pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds which are excellent sources of iron. A person serving of both pumpkin seeds or hemp seeds consist of just about 20% of your each day iron desires. To improve iron absorption, pair this granola with a vitamin C packed fruit. as iron absorbs better when paired with vitamin C.
Recommendations for building selfmade chunky granola
- Bake granola at a low temperature. this is crucial not only to reduce your selfmade granola from burning, but to also definitely get that nice golden flavor and texture. I bake my granola at 300 degrees F.
- Coat all of the granola with the soaked components. it’s important to get all the granola coated in the coconut oil and maple syrup so that each individual chunk is properly crunchy and sweet.
- Create chunks of granola with your hands. The moment the granola is on your baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread and pan down into one layer as nevertheless you ended up baking a bar or cookie. At the time accomplished baking, you’ll crack into significant chunks.
- Know when the granola is performed. You can really tell just by wanting at the colour! Bake this nut and seed granola for 35-40 minutes. The granola should appear slightly golden brown when it will come out of the oven. It may well not be crunchy to the contact, but know that the granola will get crunchier as it sits and cools.
- Do not stir granola suitable away. When it arrives out of the oven give it time to solidify alongside one another. After it cools, split into pieces. This will generate these scrumptious chunks of granola.
How to store nut and seed granola
You can store this healthier nut and seed granola in a mason jar or an airtight container for up to a month or two (rely on me, it is not likely to past that extended!).
Means to take pleasure in nut and seed granola
You will unquestionably be consuming this superwoman seed granola by the handful (and sneaking minor bites all working day) but it’s also fantastic on top rated of yogurt parfaits & smoothie bowls, and even just with a very little almond milk in a bowl! Listed here are some excellent recipes to incorporate this granola to:
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Snickerdoodle Tahini Day Smoothie
Protein-Packed Rainbow Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowls
2-Component Blueberry Nice Cream
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie
I hope you enjoy this superwoman nut and seed granola recipe! Please allow me know if you make it by leaving a comment and score the recipe underneath. I’d appreciate to listen to from you and it aids persuade some others to make the recipe also! xo.
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by Consume Like Eats
Leave a Reply