Summer Garden Crustless Zucchini Pie
By this issue, you can fairly considerably contact me the zucchini queenie.
Or zucchini wizard. Cause we’re about to get all Harry Potter up in listed here.
I very first shared this crustless, wholesome zucchini pie about 3 several years after it was in fact the *reward* recipe for a former Zucchini Week. It was so excellent that I understood it had to have a everlasting dwelling on the website. We severely make a variation of this recipe around and above yet again this time of 12 months simply because veggies are SO refreshing and attractive and there are hundreds of distinct methods to customize this pie!
This beautiful, savory pie has bites of sweet corn and juicy tomato that I enjoy, in addition tender bell pepper, savory mushrooms, and of study course, a good deal of zucchini to prime it off. I included cheddar cheese for that melty goodness, as well, but you can truly use your most loved cheese here. I bundled tons of approaches to make it your possess all through the submit, plus straightforward tips for freezing it (AKA it’s perfect for meal prep).
BRB though I go prep this as a freezer meal for when baby comes in a few of months!
Free Zucchini Recipe E-Book
Signal up underneath and get a Totally free downloadable, printable e-e book with my ideal zucchini recipes (sweet and savory!)
Crustless zucchini pie substances
This delectable vegetarian zucchini pie is designed with contemporary, straightforward components that you most likely have possibly in your back garden or in your fridge. It’s pretty related to a quiche but manufactured without the need of any sort of crust, meaning it is light-weight, gluten absolutely free, packed with protein and ALL the veggies your heart can desire of. Listed here are the key substances you will have to have:
- Eco-friendly onion (or sub standard onion)
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Crimson bell pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Clean basil
- Coconut flour (or normal flour)
Personalize your balanced zucchini pie
Essentially, any way you make this zucchini pie it is likely to be certainly scrumptious and best for any meal of the working day. Here are some straightforward strategies to make it your possess:
- Decide on your veggies: feel free to use any veggies you have readily available to you! We also really like spinach, kale, and chopped broccoli.
- Attempt a entertaining cheese: consider out feta, pepper jack, spicy cheese, or even parmesan. YUM.
- Incorporate a boost of protein: this zucchini pie would be delightful with your favorite breakfast meats like ham, bacon or crumbled sausage.
Can I incorporate a crust?
Absolutely sure! Experience cost-free to test my sweet potato crust from this recipe, or even a standard, buttery, flakey pie crust like this one. If you have a go-to recipe, merely pour the zucchini pie mixture into the crust and bake it up.
How to make crustless zucchini pie
- Prep your pan. Commence by greasing a 9 inch deep dish pie pan or springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare dinner most of the veggies. Cook dinner all these veggies other than for the zucchini with olive oil, salt, and pepper until finally the mushrooms staying to soften. Set them aside.
- Make the egg combination. Whisk with each other the eggs, milk, flour, basil, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and a tiny salt & pepper.
- Assemble the pie. Pour the veggies into your pie pan (which include the zucchini!) and unfold them out. Then pour the egg mixture about, major with far more cheese & bake.
- Awesome, slice & take pleasure in! The zucchini pie will be done when the egg puffs up and gets to be a little golden. Allow it cool, then slice and delight in with your fav sides!
How to store, freeze & reheat this zucchini pie
You can retailer this crustless zucchini pie possibly in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
- To refrigerate: to refrigerate the total zucchini pie, just awesome it absolutely, include it with tin foil, and retailer it in your fridge for up to 3-5 days. When you are all set to reheat it, place the total zucchini pie in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Be absolutely sure to address the entire zucchini pie with tin foil to stay away from any burning in the oven. Alternatively, you can reheat personal slices in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 moment right until heated by means of.
- To freeze slices: cover the slices in plastic wrap and tinfoil, and then position them into airtight containers or ziploc luggage in the freezer. To reheat: unwrap your frozen slice and spot it on a microwave secure dish at 30-2nd intervals for about 1 minute until eventually heated by.
- To freeze the total pie: make confident it cools fully, then wrap in plastic wrap and cover tightly with tinfoil. When you want to reheat, thaw out a little bit, then position in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees F till it’s heated by.
What to provide with crustless zucchini pie
Usually moments I’ll enjoy a slice of this zucchini pie with scorching sauce drizzled above it and a side of avocado toast or my zucchini pancakes (since double the zucchini, double the fun) but you can feel totally free to serve with just about anything you’d like. Below are some ideas:
Additional zucchini recipes you’ll love
Get all of my zucchini recipes in this article!
I hope you appreciate this summer back garden crustless zucchini pie! See you again below tomorrow for a different delectable recipe featuring zucchini! xo!
This post was initially published on August 4th, 2019, and republished on August 25th, 2022.
Leave a Reply