Strawberry Crumble Bars (gluten free & vegan friendly)
Good day, strawberry season! We have been waiting around for you all yr prolonged. If you are like me and you operate all over grabbing alllll of the contemporary cartons of strawberries this time of calendar year, today’s recipe has your title on it.
Just one of my fav desserts to make with summer fruit is crumble bars or pie bars (like my popular blueberry pie bars!) due to the fact they are tremendous lower upkeep and you can really use any fruit you like. Not to point out, they’re totally delicious and a assured group-pleaser. These strawberry crumble bars have the best amount of sweetness in the filling and the crust, as well as a wonderful crumble topping that is soften-in-your-mouth superior.
Bake them up, share them with your neighbor or provide them to your next BBQ and appreciate!
Every thing you will have to have to make these gluten free of charge strawberry crumble bars
These more healthy strawberry oatmeal bars are designed with straightforward ingredients that preserve them gluten free of charge and easily vegan. Plus they pack complete grains and refreshing fruit AKA good ample for breakfast! Here’s what you are going to require to make them:
- Flour: you will use a mix of almond flour and oat flour to make these strawberry crumble bars.
- Oats: the delicious foundation and crumble topping also works by using rolled oats.
- Butter: retain the bars correctly moist with some melted butter.
- Strawberries: the star of these stunning strawberry pie bars!
- Sweetener: you will also have to have some pure maple syrup to sweeten the crust, filling and crumble topping.
- Cornstarch: a minor cornstarch assists to thicken the strawberry filling and maintain it with each other.
- Lemon juice: a very small squeeze of lemon juice to the filling for a clean, shiny taste.
- Baking staples: you’ll also need some salt, vanilla and almond extract to pull the flavors together.
Very simple ingredient swaps
Out of a couple elements? Here’s what I can advise for substitutions in these nutritious strawberry crumble bars:
- Go nut free of charge. Out of almond flour or allergic to nuts? Use the foundation & topping in these blueberry pie bars.
- Retain them vegan. Come to feel free of charge to use vegan butter or coconut oil alternatively of typical butter.
- Swap the cornstarch. As an alternative of cornstarch you can also use arrowroot starch.
- Choose your sweetener. If you really don’t have any maple syrup you can also use 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Indeed, frozen strawberries will also work perfectly in this recipe! Really feel free to add them specifically to your pot when you make the filling.
Insert a little indulgence
Wanting for more of an indulgent take care of? These strawberry crumble bars would also be delicious with a white chocolate drizzle or even this yummy lemon glaze on best following baking!
Make your individual oat flour
Simply make your possess gluten no cost oat flour by basically putting rolled oats into a blender and blending/pulsing right until they are sleek and resemble flour. This is in all probability the lowest priced selection. Get all of our strategies & tips for creating your possess oat flour here (in addition recipes!)
Amazing strawberry crumble bars in 5 effortless methods
- Prep your pan. Line a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper and spray it with nonstick cooking spray to assure that the bars don’t stick.
- Make the crumble. The crust and crumble arrive from the very same “dough.” Simply just combine collectively the flours, oats and salt, then stir in the butter, maple syrup and vanilla right up until a beautiful dough starts off to clump with each other. Reserve 1 cup for the crumble topping.
- Bake the crust. Push the rest of the dough into your geared up pan and bake it up.
- Make the filling. Subsequent, you’ll simmer the clean strawberries, maple syrup, cornstarch, lemon juice & almond extract in a medium pot. Stir regularly until finally the filling thickens and the strawberries get started to launch their juices.
- Major & bake once again. Pour the strawberry filling more than the baked crust, top with the relaxation of the crumble and bake it again. Permit them neat fully at place temp or the fridge and provide!
Storing & freezing recommendations
- In the fridge: I propose storing these strawberry oatmeal bars in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- In the freezer: these strawberry crumble bars are freezer-pleasant! As soon as they are absolutely cooled, area them in an airtight container and pop them in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re prepared to take pleasure in 1, just enable it thaw a little bit in the fridge prior to ingesting.
Instruments you are going to will need
Get all of our fav kitchen area essentials below.
Extra bars & brownies you’ll love
Verify out all of our mouth watering bars & brownies!
I hope you appreciate these delightful strawberry crumble bars! If you make them be certain to leave a remark and a score so I know how you preferred them. Enjoy, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by: Eat Adore Eats