Due to the fact citrus season = life we’ve acquired a model new cocktail recipe for you applying just one of the most underrated citrus fruits of all time. If you’ve never ever had a blood orange prior to it is time to soar on the blood orange educate because they’re juicy, deliciously sweet, and certainly beautiful.
Remember Rebecca’s pomegranate margarita recipe? Very well, our resident cocktail queen is at it again with this lovely, spicy blood orange margarita that has fresh blood orange juice and a kick of heat from jalapeño. You know I like all items spicy, so I quickly fell in appreciate with this pretty drink.
Seemingly, it was Countrywide Margarita Working day yesterday, far too, so it is the excellent time to get your people today jointly to celebrate. Date night or girls’ evening just bought even much more exciting. Make a handful of margs or a whole pitcher and get pleasure from!
Cost-free Supreme Thanksgiving Guidebook (+ printable checklist!)
Regardless of whether you’re web hosting or just attending, this Ultimate Thanksgiving Guideline email collection is for absolutely everyone. Enter your e-mail underneath to get all of my finest recipes, strategies, and a Absolutely free printable checklist for all of your Thanksgiving demands.
Fall in love with blood oranges
If you’ve by no means had a blood orange in advance of, now is the time! They are only in time from December until all-around May, so blood orange year is in complete swing. They usually glimpse like typical oranges on the outside the house, but their insides are deep pink as a substitute of orange. They occur to be sweeter than standard oranges, far too, so they’re the fantastic citrus fruit to use in margaritas!
I suggest, how beautiful is that coloration?!
Substances in this blood orange margarita
You are going to just need 5 straightforward ingredients (moreover optional garnishes) to make these wonderful spicy blood orange margaritas:
- Tequila: I like to use silver tequila in my margaritas, but reposado tequila is another good selection if you like a far more oak-y or aromatic flavor.
- Basic syrup: you are going to want some uncomplicated syrup to add the perfect volume of sweetness. See under for guidance on how to make it your self!
- Juice: we’re shaking the two clean lime juice and new blood orange juice for a refreshing flavor. You’ll Love how mouth watering the blood orange juice is!
- Jalapeño: since this is a spicy margarita, you will insert jalapeño slices right to the shaker. YUM.
- For serving: I like to rim the glass with tajín or salt, as well as include thin blood orange slices for a quite garnish.
Customize your margarita
Because this blood orange margarita is built with just a handful of ingredients, it’s also easy to customize primarily based on your taste preferences. Here are some strategies to make it your personal:
- Incorporate bubbles: a minor club soda on leading would make this a entertaining, bubbly margarita!
- Opt for the spice degree: if you’re delicate to spice, basically use less jalapeño slices or omit them entirely.
- Check out a new fruit: I really like the special flavor of blood oranges, but grapefruit would also be scrumptious! Try to remember to check out out our pomegranate margarita, too.
How to make do-it-yourself straightforward syrup
Uncomplicated syrup is super effortless to make right at house! To make it you will merely shake equal areas granulated sugar and drinking water collectively in a jar for about 1-2 minutes right up until the sugar dissolved. In this recipe, 2 tablespoons of each would be enough for 2 of these blood orange margaritas.
Really don’t fail to remember that garnish
It is optional, but I like including tajín or sea salt to the rim of my glass! Tajín is a Mexican spice mix that commonly is made up of dried, ground chilies, sea salt and dehydrated lime juice. The chilies and lime go perfectly with this spicy blood orange margarita.
To rim your glass you will simply cut a wedge from a lime and rub the cut side of the lime along the rim of your favorite glass. Pour tajín (or sea salt) on to a plate and dip the damp glass rim into the tajín to coat it.
Easy blood orange margarita in 3 measures
- Salt the rim. Just before earning the cocktail, add salt or tajín to the rim employing the instructions higher than.
- Shake it up. Insert all of the substances (moreover garnishes) to a cocktail shaker or mason jar with 1/2 cup ice cubes. Shake it all up.
- Serve & appreciate! Add some ice to your glasses, then pour the margarita, best with blood orange slices and love!
Our favored cocktail making applications
- Shake it up with a cocktail shaker
- A simple strainer in circumstance your shaker does not have one
- I like utilizing this hand juicer for all items juicing
- Lovable cocktail eyeglasses like these or these
- A pitcher for serving a occasion
Get all of our go-to kitchen essentials here!
Extra beverages & cocktails
Get more drink recipes in this article!
I hope you really like this spicy blood orange margarita! If you make it be guaranteed to depart a remark and a ranking so I know how you preferred it. Love, xo!