The easiest crockpot recipe of your life! It’s a one pot wonder – no searing, no fuss. Simply throw everything right in!
I love a good crockpot recipe. Especially the ones that cook low and slow for 7-8 hours, undisturbed, as you walk into the door from work where dinner is magically finished and set.
But then there are those other crockpot recipes that require a little bit of babysitting – ex. an initial sear before that low-and-slow goodness or a cornstarch slurry at the very end of cooking time.
But again, I truly love all slow cooker recipes. But I’m just not particularly fond of the ones that require that extra step, you know?
That’s why this recipe has quickly become my favorite recipe yet.
There’s no searing, no fuss. No extra steps of anything. No nothing.
Nope. You can throw everything right into the crockpot – all of it.
Then you can let it cook low and slow as the chicken gets so unbelievably tender – so tender, you can even shred this by giving the chili a good stir in the crockpot. (Note: chicken breasts can be substituted here, but thighs are much better in my opinion).
When ready to serve, top this bad boy off with all your favorite toppings – tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream, red onion, avocado slices and lime wedges. But for me, personally, I just need a bag of tortilla chips for dipping purposes.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 (4-ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
For the toppings
- 1 ½ cups tortilla chips
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Place chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in chicken stock, green chiles, beans, onion, garlic, cumin and oregano; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred, using two forks.
- Stir chicken, cilantro and lime juice into the slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.