Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Crock-Pot® brand. As always, I only partner with brands that I love and truly believe in, allowing me to create more quick and easy recipes to get us through the week without breaking the bank. All opinions expressed are my own.
BEST EVER mashed potatoes made right in your crockpot! Save on oven space! You won’t even taste the cauliflower!
If you’re in need of the perfect mashed potatoes this holiday season, look no further.
Because this recipe is absolutely perfect.
For starters, you make it in a Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry™ Slow Cooker.
Which means this travels very well. With hinged locking lids and carrying handles, there’s no leaking and no repacking here.
Simply cook your dish for 6-7 hours, unplug, and travel to your desired destination. It will keep perfectly.
And guys. There’s more than potatoes here. We have cauliflower sneaked in too. Except you won’t taste it. At all.
People will think it’s just the best mashed potatoes ever, just with half the calories.
So we won’t need our stretchy pants here.
I mean, maybe we do. Because I’ll have 5 different kinds of pies at my Thanksgiving this year.
- 2 ½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 5.2 ounce package garlic herb cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
Lightly coat the inside of a 4-qt slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place potatoes, shallot, garlic and butter into the slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Without stirring, top with cauliflower and vegetable stock.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, or until tender.
- Remove potato mixture from the slow cooker and drain excess liquid before returning to the pot. Stir in garlic herb cheese and half and half.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend potatoes and cauliflower until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more half and half as needed until desired consistency is reached. Stir in chives; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.*
*This can be kept warm, stirring occasionally, up to 1 hour.