Juicy, golden brown chicken in the sauciest, sun dried tomato cream sauce with sneaked-in greens!
So much yes here. Juicy, tender, perfectly cooked chicken thighs. The creamiest, sauciest, garlicky sun dried tomato cream sauce. Sneaked-in greens (always a plus). And freshly grated Parmesan?
YES YES YES.
When I’m feeling super fancy, I’ll serve this with my favorite IP mushroom risotto and all the crusty bread. Oh and extra Parmesan for serving. Because you can never ever have enough.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 ½ tablespoons all purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes halves
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Season chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in 4 tablespoons flour until evenly coated.
- Heat canola oil and butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 4-5 minutes per side; set aside. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add garlic and shallot, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Whisk in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken stock, half and half and sun dried tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in spinach, Parmesan and parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Serve immediately.