I frequently have a supply of proteins bars (omg GoMacro is my long time fav) but at times it is exciting to make your very own! Not only are do-it-yourself protein bars quick to make, but they are also an astounding, economical substitute to buying protein bars.
These easy nevertheless oh-so-mouth watering cashew butter chocolate protein bars are created with a lot of pantry staples and your go-to protein powder. The consequence seriously tastes like dessert, so you’re gonna want to keep some in the fridge for when that sweet tooth hits!
Article-exercise session, put up-evening meal or even lunch dessert — make a batch of these infants and get prepared to devour.
I hope you like holding these bars in the fridge and savoring them as a snack or treat!
Everything you will need to have to make these chocolate protein bars
These quick no bake cashew butter chocolate protein bars are produced with loads of pantry staples and a enhance of protein from your fav protein powder. Here’s anything you’ll will need to make them:
- Cashew butter: I adore applying cashew butter for the reason that it’s mild and actually makes it possible for the chocolate flavor to arrive out.
- Coconut oil: a very little coconut oil aids to continue to keep the bars collectively and provides extra taste. There is no substitute (apart from butter) so make sure you don’t ask me for one!
- Honey: I like to use honey to sweeten the bars a bit. You will also will need a tiny vanilla extract.
- Rolled oats: some rolled oats incorporate a complex carb to the protein bar. You can use gluten cost-free oats if wished-for, but do not use steel reduce oats as the texture will be gritty.
- Chia seeds: get a strengthen of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and anti-oxidants from chia seeds.
- Protein powder: I want to suggest my most loved chocolate protein powders for you. I use Aloha Plant Centered protein powder in most of my baking recipes. A different fantastic just one is Tera’s Whey Chocolate. Please let me know if you use any other chocolate protein powders that you advise in the responses area!
- Darkish chocolate: the dark chocolate adds a double chocolate dose of like to the bars so do not skip it! Feel free to use 1 ounce of an 85% darkish chocolate bar or a handful of tablespoons of chocolate chips (dairy free if wanted).
- Sea salt: a minor sprinkle of sea salt on leading can take these bars to the up coming amount.
Uncomplicated ingredient swaps
Simply because these healthy chocolate protein bars are manufactured with basic substances, they’re easy to customize with what you have on hand! Here’s what I can advocate:
- To make vegan: feel totally free to use brown rice syrup or coconut palm syrup in put of the honey. Then be guaranteed to use a plant-based mostly protein powder as nicely as dairy free of charge chocolate on leading.
- For the cashew butter: I really like the moderate style of cashew butter in these bars, but you can also use peanut butter, almond butter, or even sunflower seed butter for a nut totally free alternate! Just be positive the nut or seed butter is all natural and is just created with nuts or seeds and salt.
Diy chocolate protein powder
If you do not have chocolate protein powder on hand, you can blend 1/2 cup of your beloved vanilla protein powder with 2 tablespoons of cacao or cocoa powder. So quick!
Cashew butter chocolate protein bars in 4 straightforward techniques
- Blend the moist elements. Begin by heating the cashew butter, coconut oil, honey and vanilla in a saucepan in excess of very small heat.
- Stir in the dry. Remove the saucepan from the warmth and stir in the protein powder till sleek. Then fold in the oats and chia seeds. Pour this combination into an 8×4 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper
- Best with chocolate. Insert chocolate and coconut oil to a little saucepan above very low heat right up until melted, then drizzle it around the top rated of the bars. Tilt the pan so that the chocolate covers the bars entirely, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate & appreciate! Place the pan in the fridge for at least an hour, then eliminate from the pan and minimize into 10 bars and love.
See all of our go-to kitchen essentials in this article!
Keep these chocolate cashew butter protein bars in the fridge tightly wrapped or in an airtight bag or container for up to 2 weeks. The fantastic effortless snack to have on hand!
More no bake treats to consider
Get all of my amazing snack recipes here!
I hope you really like these cashew butter chocolate protein bars! If you make them be absolutely sure to leave a comment and a ranking so I know how you favored them. Enjoy, xo!
This post was originally published on January 9th, 2018, and republished on March 15th, 2022.