Salted Maple Bourbon Sweet Potato Pie
This is 1 of people recipes I have been that means to share for many years now. I’ve normally experienced the notion floating all around and on my to-do list, but I in some way stored it to myself. Until eventually now!
Say hi to the most extraordinary salted maple bourbon sweet potato pie with my very best-at any time homemade pie crust. It is the twin sister of my popular pumpkin pie, and she appreciates how to provide the party.
I have taken conventional sweet potato pie, lightened it up a little bit with a several uncomplicated substances, and then infused it with the most incredible maple bourbon flavor. The flavors are deep, abundant, and perfectly sweet, and you know I had to top it with some flaky sea salt for the excellent combo.
I included very simple means to prep the pie in advance of time so there’s zero worry on Thanksgiving working day! This would be a superb dessert to convey as a visitor and wow absolutely everyone, much too. I hope you really like it!
Cost-free Greatest Thanksgiving Guide (+ printable checklist!)
Whether or not you’re web hosting or just attending, this Greatest Thanksgiving Guidebook email collection is for everybody. Enter your electronic mail down below to get all of my ideal recipes, tips, and a Free of charge printable checklist for all of your Thanksgiving wants.
What tends to make this sweet potato pie healthier?
We’re skipping the sweetened condensed milk and providing this do-it-yourself sweet potato pie a tiny lightened-up makeover. It tastes just as indulgent and delicious, assure! This wholesome sweet potato pie is:
- Dairy absolutely free: you are going to just require some dairy absolutely free milk as an alternative of sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk. I typically use unsweetened almond milk!
- The natural way sweetened: lots of sweet potato pies also use brown sugar, but we’re employing pure maple syrup to give it a great deal of sweetness.
- Packed with vitamins: thanks to hearty, delicious sweet potatoes! They pack the pie with fiber, antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin C, and a great deal of purely natural sweetness.
Elements in the ideal sweet potato pie
You’re heading to Love how easy it is to make this outstanding maple bourbon sweet potato pie. Here’s every thing you’ll need to have to make it:
- Sweet potato: we’re roasting up some delicious sweet potatoes and mashing them for the filling.
- Maple syrup: as I mentioned, this healthy sweet potato pie is naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup!
- Eggs: you will need to have 3 eggs to give the filling the ideal regularity and texture.
- Cozy flavors: the pie receives plenty of cozy taste from vanilla extract and attractive spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and a little salt.
- Optional particular ingredient: I love to add just a splash of bourbon to definitely deepen the flavor in the pie! It is optional but very seriously SO Very good.
- For topping: I love to sprinkle on a little extravagant sea salt, plus homemade whipped product and some cinnamon!
Let’s communicate crust
My handmade all butter pie crust is actually the ideal you will at any time have, additionally it’s exceptionally uncomplicated to make with just a handful of simple substances!
If you really do not experience like producing your have crust you can completely use a retailer-purchased pie crust. The pie will however be delicious.
How to make the finest sweet potato pie
- Bake your sweet potatoes. Get started by poking holes in your sweet potatoes and roasting them until finally they’re pretty fork tender. See below for a way to do this forward of time!
- Make the pie crust. Even though your sweet potatoes are cooling, make your pie dough and increase it to a pie dish. You will want to then do a blind bake right before introducing the filling.
- Make the filling. Remove the skins from your sweet potatoes, mash them up, and mix them in an electrical mixer or food processor with the maple syrup and milk. Transfer the mixture to a massive mixing bowl and whisk in the rest of the filling elements right until they’re effectively combined.
- Assemble & bake. Pour the filling into your pie crust and bake it up until eventually the filling and heart of the pie is set.
- Great & serve. Permit the pie great for 1-2 several hours, then sprinkle with extravagant sea salt and serve with whipped product, vanilla bean ice cream, or pecan butter ice cream!
What’s a blind bake?
A “blind bake” simply just implies you are going to bake the pie crust a very little little bit until eventually you include the filling and bake the full pie. It’s not 100% required in this recipe, but I do recommend it.
You are going to want to area parchment paper above the pie crust, fill it with dried beans, dried rice, or pie weights to aid weigh it down, and bake for 10 minutes. Then eliminate parchment paper with the dried beans/rice or pie weights and bake the crust for 5 much more minutes. Set it apart though you make the filling.
Avoid your crust from burning
If it seems to be like the edges of your crust are receiving a small too dark but the filling is not yet set, basically include the crust with aluminum foil or a pie shield!
Prep the pie forward of time
A good way to preserve time is to possibly roast your sweet potatoes a several days in advance of time or make the comprehensive filling 4-5 days in advance of incorporating it to your pie crust and baking it! Simply mix the sweet potato pie filling collectively and put it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you are completely ready to assemble the pie, pour it into your pie crust and bake as directed.
Keep this do-it-yourself sweet potato pie
- In the fridge: after your sweet potato pie is entirely cooled, wrap it or spot slices into airtight containers and retail store it in the fridge for up to 3-4 times. Love straight from the fridge with some whipped product, of training course!
- To freeze: allow the pie neat totally, wrap it up properly and freeze it for up to 1 thirty day period. Before serving let the pie thaw in the fridge right away. I could also suggest baking it in an aluminum pie dish so that you really don’t have to freeze your nice pie pan.
More Thanksgiving desserts you are going to enjoy
Get all of my Thanksgiving recipes below!
I hope you love this maple bourbon sweet potato pie! If you make it be certain to go away a comment and a score so I know how you preferred it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Try to eat Love Eats
Leave a Reply