Serious dilemma: is there anything superior than levels of roasted veggies, noodles and cheese piled substantial and bubbling sizzling? Didn’t imagine so. Ever given that I designed my famous turkey lasagna years ago I have been in Adore with creating deliciously savory, cozy lasagna recipes that heat you up from the inside of out.
To rejoice drop and all points comfort and ease food items, I had to reshare this remarkable roasted vegetable butternut squash lasagna filled with all the things you could want in a comforting meal. There are 5 unique styles of veggies roasted to perfection and snuggled among levels of noodles, cheese, and two types of sauce. In its place of crimson sauce, we’re producing a sweet & savory spiced butternut squash sauce, furthermore a traditional ricotta layer. All I can say is Hot DAMN this may just be your new fav lasagna recipe that just so occurs to be vegetarian.
I remarkably suggest introducing this goodness to your Thanksgiving menu for all of your veggie relatives and good friends! I incorporated a good deal of approaches to prep it in advance of time and even freeze it just before or following baking so that you can have a fantastic dinner in no time at all. Delighted cooking!
Absolutely free Ultimate Thanksgiving Information (+ printable checklist!)
Whether or not you’re hosting or just attending, this Top Thanksgiving Manual email series is for absolutely everyone. Enter your e mail down below to get all of my very best recipes, guidelines, and a Free of charge printable checklist for all of your Thanksgiving requires.
What you’ll want to make this butternut squash lasagna
This delectable roasted vegetable lasagna is layered up with attractive roasted veggies, a typical ricotta mixture, sweet & savory butternut squash, and of training course, a lot of melted cheese. It’s genuinely the fantastic vegetarian comfort food items! Here’s anything you will need to make it:
- For the roasted veggies: we’re utilizing red bell pepper, yellow pepper, purple onion, toddler bella mushrooms and zucchini. A real rainbow of veggies in this lasagna! You’ll roast them up with olive oil, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- For the butternut squash: the squash will make a creamy, flavorful sauce layer in its place of utilizing regular tomato sauce in the lasagna. You’ll begin by roasting a big butternut squash (get all of our guidelines & tricks for prepping your squash right here!) then mixing the flesh with milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, salt and pepper.
- For the noodles: you will of training course need to have some lasagna noodles to layer it all up!
- For the ricotta mixture: we’re alternating the veggies and butternut squash sauce with a savory ricotta layer created from ricotta, an egg, salt and pepper. Effortless.
- For the levels: what is lasagna without the need of melty cheese? I like to use shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan.
- To garnish: add a sprinkle of refreshing chopped parsley for a wonderful garnish.
Straightforward ways to customise
Out of a couple elements? Here’s what I can recommend substituting and customizing in this roasted vegetable lasagna recipe:
- Select your veggies. Come to feel no cost to blend and match the roasted veggies with any you have on hand, or use much more of 1 veggie than another! You really just can’t go erroneous.
- Go gluten totally free. You can also make this recipe gluten totally free by employing gluten cost-free lasagna noodles.
- Simplify the spices. Out of any of the warming spices? Sense totally free to use a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice in its place!
- Swap the squash. I enjoy the taste that butternut squash provides to the cozy sauce, but roasted sweet potato should get the job done very well or you can try my pumpkin lasagna.
Can I use no-prepare dinner lasagna noodles?
I don’t like using no-cook dinner noodles since they are inclined to have a distinctive texture, but if you are in a pinch (or only have no-prepare dinner on hand) experience cost-free to use them!
Our best lasagna-producing suggestions
Handmade lasagna might search a little bit scary since of all of the different factors, but with these tips & methods you’ll be generating the Best roasted veggie butternut squash lasagna like a professional:
- Never overcook the noodles. Make certain to boil the noodles just until eventually al dente, not completely cooked simply because they’ll prepare dinner far more when you bake the entire lasagna. No just one likes mushy noodles!
- Use place temperature ricotta. The ricotta mixture is best to blend with area temp ingredients, so I recommend letting the container of ricotta and the egg sit out a little bit to come to room temp.
- Pre-cook dinner levels to help you save time. This butternut squash lasagna is uncomplicated to make but it is a bit time-intensive, so experience no cost to slice down on the prep and cooking by r0asting the veggies and butternut squash up to 3 days ahead of time! Get all of our suggestions for roasting butternut squash here!
Prep this lasagna ahead of time
This roasted vegetable butternut squash lasagna is the perfect make-forward food to serve a vegetarian group (and would make incredible leftovers!) To make it forward of time simply just assemble the lasagna absolutely as directed, protect and area it in the fridge just one working day right before serving. It’s the ideal way to save time if you are producing this for Thanksgiving. When you are all set to serve, bake it up as directed and get pleasure from!
Two means to freeze butternut squash lasagna
This uncomplicated roasted vegetable lasagna recipe tends to make the best freezer-friendly food! Below are two great means to freeze it:
- Bake very first, then freeze. You can either bake it 1st, then great to space temperature, slice into servings, place in freezer safe containers and then freeze. Or you can bake it, carry it to home temp, and then freeze the entire pan. Just make absolutely sure you double wrap it so the lasagna does not dry out. This is assuming you are freezing the complete pan. After prepared to reheat, thaw it out. Then bake, protected at 350 levels F for 30-45 minutes or until finally heated by way of.
- Freeze just before baking: To freeze prior to baking, basically assemble the lasagna as written in the directions, then double wrap with plastic wrap and foil and freeze for up to 3 months. When completely ready to bake, thaw out then bake in accordance to instructions.
A lot more recipes for your Thanksgiving desk
Get all of our astounding Thanksgiving recipes below, and much more scrumptious comfort and ease food items below! Don’t forget to indicator up for the Best Thanksgiving Series, also.
I hope you love this cozy roasted vegetable butternut squash lasagna! If you make it be guaranteed to leave a comment and a ranking so I know how you appreciated it. Appreciate, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Consume Really like Eats
This post was initially revealed on November 2nd, 2021, and republished on November 13th, 2022.