Roasted Sweet Potato Spinach Salad
It is one more working day, and yet another really #AmbitiousThanksgiving recipe that you’re going to Adore. To start with, let us toss it back to 2018 when I initial wrote about this stunning salad and explained:
“I phone this recipe the Zac Efron Salad. It’s attractive, sweet, savory, feel-superior and definitely scrumptious enough to set on your Thanksgiving desk. In fact, it might just sing to you and give you a six-pack. Zac, you certain know how to deal with a girl excellent.”
Although I’m not so certain about the glimpse Zac’s currently doing work with, I am 100% sure you want this roasted sweet potato spinach salad on your Thanksgiving table. A minor inexperienced is an absolute Will have to all through the week in advance of and after Thanksgiving too, and in my opinion, a tasty spinach salad can do no wrong.
It is filled with juicy pears and pomegranate seeds, creamy goat cheese, completely toasty, crunchy pecans, and a mouth watering balsamic dressing to tie it all collectively. Each and every time I provide this in excess of the holidays it’s long gone in minutes, so trust me when I say your attendees will swoon above this just one!
Free of charge Best Thanksgiving Guide (+ printable checklist!)
No matter if you’re web hosting or just attending, this Greatest Thanksgiving Tutorial email series is for all people. Enter your email under to get all of my finest recipes, strategies, and a Free printable checklist for all of your Thanksgiving desires.
Ingredients in this sweet potato spinach salad
The recipe is a blend of my favorite seasonal fruits and veggies tossed with yummy mix-ins and a tangy balsamic dressing. It feels a little extravagant even however it’s so quick! Here’s what you will want to make it:
- Sweet potatoes: possibly the star of the show in this wonderful salad. You’ll roast them up with a small coconut or olive oil, brown sugar (or coconut sugar or maple syrup), garlic powder, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Pecans: for a scrumptious crunch we’re incorporating toasted pecans.
- Spinach: the base of the salad is designed with nutritious leafy spinach.
- Fruit: add a minimal sweetness with new sliced pears and pomegranate seeds.
- Cheese: the salad gets some creamy tanginess from goat cheese.
- For the dressing: every little thing gets tossed jointly in the finest homemade balsamic dressing, which is manufactured with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, maple syrup or honey, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
Make this salad you’re have
The great component about this sweet potato spinach salad is that it is easy to personalize, which tends to make it great for serving attendees. In this article are some component swaps you can make:
- For the sweet potatoes: sense free to roast up some butternut squash if you have it on hand.
- For the pecans: toasted walnuts would also be delicious.
- For the pears: I adore the flavor and texture of sliced pears in this salad, but apples would also operate.
- For the cheese: feel cost-free to use feta if you like saltier cheese.
I also like to increase avocado if I’m feeling additional fancy!
Can I make it vegan?
Absolutely sure! Retain the salad vegan and dairy cost-free by simply just leaving off the cheese. It will nevertheless be delicious. Be confident to also use maple syrup in the dressing rather of honey.
Our favored protein increase-ins
If you’re searching to include a raise of protein to this pear spinach salad (particularly for lunch), consider including:
Wanting to provide a crowd?
If you are serving this to a crowd/gathering, I recommend layering it on a platter. First insert spinach, sweet potatoes, pear, and pomegranate. Drizzle with dressing, then top rated with pecans and goat cheese. Do not toss it alongside one another, just serve as is and allow visitors scoop it them selves!
How to retail store this sweet potato spinach salad
Store this spinach salad in an airtight container in the fridge, without the need of the dressing, for up to 4-5 times. Simply just dress the salad as quickly as you are ready to consume it so that the spinach doesn’t get soggy. The dressing will continue to be superior in a container in the fridge for up to a single 7 days.
Much more fall salads you will appreciate
Get all of my salad recipes listed here, and my Thanksgiving recipes in this article!
I hope you enjoy this roasted sweet potato spinach salad! If you make it be absolutely sure to depart a remark and a ranking so I know how you appreciated it. Appreciate, xo!
This submit was originally revealed on November 12th, 2018, and republished on November 8th, 2022.
Leave a Reply