A protein-packed healthy yet equally tasty breakfast that can be made in just 5 min! And you won’t even taste the kale!
This is a great shake to make as a mid-morning snack, post-workout fuel or simply as a breakfast alternative. And you only need 5 minutes to whip this up and 7 ingredients which you probably already have on hand. So there’s no excuses here!
Here’s what you need:
- Blueberries. The fiber in the blueberries can help lower cholesterol in the blood and thus decrease heart disease.
- Kale. This can help prevent cancer as chlorphyll, found in kale and other green veggies, binds to carcinogens preventing your body to absorb them. Incorporating kale into a smoothie is also an easy way to get those kids (or even difficult adults) to get their greens in!
- Yogurt. This is an excellent source of probiotics which are essential for digestive tract health, not to mention a great source of protein, calcium, vitamin B2 and B12, potassium and magnesium.
- Banana. Say hello to potatssium-central, a mineral that is necessary for your heart and blood pressure control.
- Protein Powder. Protein is essential as a building block for the human body, and not just for muscles but also for tendons, organs, skins and hormones.
- Oats. This is another great source of fiber, which is great for helping you feel full and helps lower bad cholesterol.
- Chia. This is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. They contain fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids, and fatty acids are great helping with skin, depression, asthma, ADHD, and many more.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Combine blueberries, kale, yogurt, banana, protein powder, oats, chia and 1/2 cup ice in blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately.