Orange Creamsicle Baked Oatmeal | SRCooking
Recall that attractive lemon poppy seed baked oatmeal? The a single that we all went totally nuts for? Very well get prepared since brand new oatmeal bake crammed with extra citrus flavors you know and love.
Say good day to my orange baked oatmeal that basically tastes like an orange creamsicle.
I took the flavors from my orange creamsicle smoothie, combined them with the mouth watering, cake-like consistency of the lemon poppy seed baked oatmeal and developed a new breakfast & brunch recipe that’s going to knock your socks off.
Top rated this orange creamsicle baked oatmeal with a luscious orange yogurt drizzle and have on your own a damn very good early morning any day of the week. Possibilities to incorporate chocolate chips, cranberries, walnuts or even blueberries are in the notes area of the recipe. If you make it be certain to leave a remark and allow me know how you like it!
Every thing you will need to have to make orange baked oatmeal
This lovely orange oatmeal bake is genuinely the ideal way to clear out your fridge and pantry. You are heading to adore the combine of sweet and citrus flavors bursting in each individual bite! Here’s what you are going to want to make it:
- Eggs: you are going to want two eggs to support the oatmeal bake established appropriately. I have not examined this recipe with flax eggs, but go away a comment if you do.
- Sweetener: this orange baked oatmeal is the natural way sweetened with a minimal pure maple syrup.
- Extracts: I also additional equally vanilla extract and almond extract to this orange oatmeal bake and they’re the crucial to building it style like an orange creamsicle!
- Oranges: we’re working with fresh orange juice and zest for that accurate citrus flavor in this baked oatmeal.
- Moisture: say goodbye to dry oatmeal bakes! You’ll require just a very little butter or coconut oil for moisture, plus any milk you’d like. I really like to use vanilla almond milk for more flavor but any milk will do the job.
- Oats: you’ll have to have old fashioned rolled oats in this recipe, gluten absolutely free if wished-for. Do not use metal slice oats!
- Baking staples: you’ll also require some baking powder and salt to make guaranteed this bakes properly.
- For the vanilla orange yogurt drizzle: that attractive drizzle is created with greek yogurt, a very little powdered sugar, a lot more orange juice & zest additionally some vanilla extract for creamy dreamy vanilla orange flavor.
Acquire this orange oatmeal bake to the future level
Even though the orange baked oatmeal is very delicious and bursting with flavor, listed here are some pleasurable mix ins and flavor insert-ins you could also really like:
- Insert a very little chocolate. Hi, orange chocolate magic. If you’ve tried using my paleo orange-kissed loaf with chocolate drizzle, you are going to appreciate this edition. Stir in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and appreciate! I love mini chocolate chips!
- Raise the nutrients. Come to feel absolutely free to include 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds to the batter for a enhance of healthier fat and omega-3s. Plus who does not adore a crunch. Poppyseeds would also be delightful!
- Consider a getaway twist. Fold in new, frozen or dried cranberries, walnuts, cinnamon & nutmeg for a entertaining twist all-around Xmas! Hunting for a Thanksgiving brunch option? Swirl in some do-it-yourself cranberry sauce. YUM.
- Rejoice summer flavors. Insert in a cup of contemporary or frozen blueberries and enjoy this orange baked oatmeal all summer season long.
How to make it gluten free of charge, dairy free of charge & vegan
- To make it dairy totally free: merely use coconut oil or vegan butter, dairy free of charge milk and a dairy totally free yogurt in the topping.
- To make it gluten no cost: be certain to use licensed gluten free rolled oats.
- To make it vegan: I consider flax eggs or chia eggs will work well in this orange oatmeal bake, but please notice that I have not analyzed it to be positive. If you try out it, you’ll also have to have to make the earlier mentioned dairy free swaps to maintain it vegan.
Can I use steel cut or speedy oats?
I would not recommend making use of metal slice oats in this recipe as the texture will be much distinct. Rolled oats hold the orange baked oatmeal light-weight and fluffy, but I think fast oats would perform okay. You may well will need to use a little bit extra if you’re hoping this recipe with rapid oats.
Enjoy baked oatmeal hot or cold
Which is correct, baked oatmeal is basically delicious both hot and chilly! Sense no cost to warmth up slices all through the 7 days or take pleasure in it straight from the fridge just like right away oats.
How to make orange baked oatmeal cups
Looking for a portable breakfast alternative?
- Insert muffin liners to a muffin tin and spray with cooking spray to protect against sticking.
- Divide the orange oatmeal bake batter into the muffin tin — you need to get all around 10-12 oatmeal cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes till the oatmeal cups are set and a tiny golden brown. Truly feel free of charge to drizzle just about every cup with the orange yogurt topping and take pleasure in!
- To retail outlet: be confident the orange oatmeal bake has entirely cooled, and then go over the pan with tinfoil before transferring it to the fridge. It will stay fantastic covered in the fridge for 4-5 days. You can also retail outlet personal slices in airtight containers for ease.
- To reheat: you can reheat unique slices in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Freezer-pleasant orange baked oatmeal
Indeed, this oatmeal bake is straightforward to prep forward of time and freezer for afterwards!
- To freeze: after the oatmeal bake has absolutely cooled, lower it into 6 squares/slices and wrap each individual square in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You can also freeze the total orange baked oatmeal for later on by wrapping it nicely and inserting it in the freezer.
- To reheat: when you are all set to eat it, position the unwrapped frozen sq. of baked oatmeal on a microwave protected dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. To reheat the full baked oatmeal, only reheat it in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F while it is lined with tinfoil.
Check out out all of our favourite kitchen necessities below.
Additional oatmeal recipes you’ll love
Get all of our delectable oat and oatmeal recipes here!
I hope you really like this outstanding orange creamsicle baked oatmeal recipe! If you make it, be guaranteed to leave a remark and a rating so I know how you preferred it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by: Eat Really like Eats
Leave a Reply