Ooey-Gooey Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Bars
OMG these ooey-gooey salted chocolate chunk peanut butter oatmeal cookie bars. A mouthful, certainly, but an completely delicious mouthful.
These infants are like a combo of your preferred peanut butter and oatmeal cookie baked into a gooey, delectable blondie. That, furthermore puddles of darkish chocolate in just about every bite.
What far more could you want?!
I examined this recipe innumerable occasions to get the excellent texture and ratio of peanut butter to oats to chocolate, and so forth and so forth. Belief me when I say these peanut oatmeal butter cookie bars are perfection. Appreciate as-is or with a side of ice product for the best dessert to share with buddies.
What you will have to have to make these peanut butter oatmeal cookie bars
These epic, gluten cost-free peanut butter cookie bars have golden, crisp, cookie-like edges and gooey centers that make that irresistible. You will not believe that they are both of those gluten and dairy no cost! Here’s every thing you are going to want to make them:
- Eggs: you’ll just need two eggs in these peanut butter oatmeal cookie bars.
- Coconut sugar: we’re the natural way sweetening them with coconut sugar, but you can use brown sugar if you’d like.
- Peanut butter: be guaranteed to use a pure, creamy peanut butter for the best texture. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ to get 15% off my favorite manufacturer, Wild Close friends!
- Coconut oil: some coconut oil assures that they have an ooey-gooey centre.
- Almond flour: you’ll also will need fantastic, blanched almond flour to preserve them gluten absolutely free and give them the ideal texture.
- Oats: we’re applying rolled oats in these bars simply because oatmeal cookies = really like.
- Baking staples: you are going to also need vanilla extract, baking soda & salt.
- Chocolate: gotta have individuals dim chocolate puddles in every bite! Experience totally free to use a chocolate bar, chocolate chunks or chips. Distinctive be aware on this beneath!
- For topping: I enjoy sprinkling a minor fancy sea salt on top (who does not?!)
How to simply preserve them gluten free of charge & dairy totally free
To preserve these peanut butter chocolate chunk cookie bars gluten & dairy no cost basically use gluten cost-free rolled oats and dairy free of charge chocolate!
The key to melty dim chocolate
I propose chopping up a dark chocolate bar into chocolate chunks mainly because they will melt even greater than normal chocolate chips or chunks.
Ingredient substitution FAQ
As with all recipes I know numerous of you will have queries about substituting substances in these peanut butter oatmeal cookie bars. I often advise sticking with the recipe as intently as doable for the ideal success, but listed here are some swaps I can advise (and some that I do not suggest):
- Can I make them vegan? I have not analyzed these peanut butter cookie bars utilizing flax eggs, but I do imagine they will function perfectly. Let me know if you try it!
- Can I use a different nut butter? The peanut butter seriously gives these cookie bars an wonderful taste, but I believe an almond or cashew butter would also work.
- Is there a swap for the coconut oil? Experience totally free to use melted and cooled butter or vegan butter.
- Can I use common flour? Regretably, no, I would not propose applying regular, all intent flour and are not able to endorse a substitute for the almond flour.
- What about metal cut oats? I also can’t advocate making use of steel minimize oats as the texture will be significantly different. Often truly feel absolutely free to use gluten cost-free rolled oats however.
Want thicker cookie bars?
If you like your peanut butter oatmeal cookie bars extra “oat-y” and thicker, really feel no cost to use 3/4 cup of rolled oats as an alternative of 1/2 cup. I personally prefer utilizing 1/2 cup.
Ooey-gooey peanut butter oatmeal cookie bars in a single bowl
- Prep your pan & oven. Preheat your oven to 350 levels F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper to avert sticking.
- Mix the soaked. Increase all of the damp substances to a large bowl and blend every thing right up until it’s tremendous smooth.
- Include the dry. Slowly and gradually combine the dry substances into the damp substances until very well combined. Then fold in the chocolate chunks (reserving some for the leading).
- Bake ’em up. Top rated your cookie bars with more chocolate chunks and bake!
- Amazing & serve. Sprinkle the bars with some fancy sea salt appropriate out of the oven, then interesting them entirely, slice and provide them up.
Really do not fail to remember these strategies for excellent peanut butter cookie bars
- Pack the almond flour. Be sure to pack the almond flour just like you would with brown sugar. No need to pack the coconut sugar.
- Use room temp ingredients. Make sure your coconut oil is totally cooled and your eggs are space temperature before working with them so that they do not coagulate.
- Combine the soaked ingredients properly. You really should combine the moist substances for at the very least 30 seconds so that the oil brings together very well with the other components. If not, you could have some oil separation (which we really do not want).
- Underbake them *marginally*. The key to maintaining these peanut butter cookie bars gooey and mouth watering is to a little underbake them. Choose them out as before long as the edges are receiving hardly golden brown. They’ll set additional as you permit them awesome.
- Interesting prior to slicing. Be confident to enable the bars awesome for at least 15-20 minutes prior to chopping into them so that they stay with each other effectively.
Storing & freezing suggestions
- To retailer: I’d advocate leaving them on the counter for no additional than a working day or two, and then storing the peanut butter oatmeal cookie bars covered in the refrigerator. They’re delectable straight from the fridge!
- To freeze: permit the peanut butter cookie bars to neat totally, then slash them as directed. Wrap unique cookie bars in plastic wrap, then in foil or a reusable bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. When completely ready to delight in, only thaw them at home temperature.
Test out all of our favourite kitchen area necessities in the AK shop.
Far more gluten free treats
Get all of our gluten no cost dessert recipes below!
I hope you like these ooey-gooey peanut butter oatmeal cookie bars! If you make them be positive to go away a comment and a rating so I know how you appreciated them. Get pleasure from, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by: Try to eat Like Eats
Leave a Reply