One Pan Thai Peanut Chicken Couscous
This chicken couscous with Thai peanut flavors is the most wonderful hearty, cozy food packed with almost everything you could at any time want: tender chicken, loads of veggies, pearl couscous and the most creamy tasty coconut peanut sauce that will make ya wanna lick your bowl cleanse. Really don’t forget the enjoyable garnishes like chopped peanuts + cilantro, it will help deliver everything together.
What you are going to need to have to make this Thai hen couscous
This scrumptious and nourishing Thai-encouraged peanut hen couscous is a lot easier to make than you consider and packed with unbelievable Thai flavors. Here’s every thing you are going to want to make it:
- For the hen: you are going to just need some olive oil, chicken breast, salt & pepper to cook dinner up your chicken.
- For the peanut couscous: the star of this dish is the creamy, flavorful peanut couscous. It’s produced with garlic, gentle coconut milk (from the can), rooster broth, all-natural, creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, contemporary ginger, chili paste or sriracha and pearl couscous.
- Add-ins: we’re simmering the couscous with carrots, broccoli, and crimson bell pepper for a increase of veggies.
- To garnish: prime your bowl with clean inexperienced onion, cilantro, honey roasted peanuts and a minimal very hot sauce if you’d like.
Customise this dish
- Make it vegetarian or vegan. Come to feel no cost to swap the hen for chickpeas or tofu to preserve this dish vegetarian.
- Transform up your veggies. This Thai chicken couscous is terrific for customizing with what you have on hand. I think spinach and/or mushrooms would be scrumptious.
- Insert a kick of heat. If you enjoy spice like me truly feel free of charge to add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (or a small additional) to the peanut couscous. Yum!
Opt for the correct couscous
In this chicken couscous recipe, we’re utilizing pearl couscous, which is a significantly much larger grain than typical couscous. Israeli pearl couscous has a texture very similar to mini gnocchi or pasta, whilst normal couscous, when cooked, tends to have a texture identical to grits.
Be sure to choose for pearl couscous in this recipe so that the texture holds up effectively.
Can I use a unique grain?
I assume this recipe would do the job alright employing white basmati rice or quinoa in location of the couscous, but remember to take note that I have not examined it this way. Working with pearl couscous seriously provides a amazing texture that cannot be replicated with an additional grain. Please observe that you’d likely want substantially much less quinoa if you pick to swap it, and any other grains might have diverse cooking moments.
Can I swap the peanut butter?
While this recipe will get the job done utilizing another nut butter like cashew butter, I’d hugely advise sticking with peanut butter to give this dish that peanut sauce flavor it was created to have.
How to make Thai peanut chicken couscous
- Brown your chicken. You are going to commence this recipe by basically cooking your rooster on all sides so it is golden brown. No will need to cook it all the way by.
- Make the peanut sauce. In the identical skillet, you are going to stir alongside one another the coconut milk, broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger & chili paste.
- Couscous & veggie time. When your peanut sauce is smooth you will stir in the couscous and veggies.
- Include your chicken. Lastly, stir in your rooster, deliver the couscous to a simmer, then decrease the warmth and go over the pan for 15 minutes.
- End it off. Once the couscous has simmered protected for about 15 minutes you will want to clear away the lid and let it do so uncovered for a several minutes much more to allow it thicken up.
- Garnish & provide. Best with your fav garnishes and excess hot sauce and provide!
Retail store any leftover hen couscous in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Simply just reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Far more one pan meals to test
Get all of our tasty a person pan meals right here!
I hope you enjoy this creamy, 1 pan Thai peanut hen couscous! If you make it be certain to go away a remark & a rating so I know how you favored it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Consume Love Consume
This article was originally published on March 3rd, 2021, and republished on January 24th, 2023.
Leave a Reply