What can I say? I’m the variety of female who purchases bananas on a weekly basis, just so I can check out them ripen up ample on the counter to be baked into a thing or thrown in a delicious peanut butter coffee smoothie.
Anybody else acquire bananas just to bake with them?!
I’m in this article to welcome you to one more year and a further delightful banana bread recipe to slide in appreciate with. If you’re not familiar with SRCooking’s really like for all items banana, you will be shortly! You can locate all of my incredible banana bread recipes right listed here and some very delectable banana infused muffins below.
Right now I’m sharing an almond flour banana bread that’s naturally sweetened with ONLY bananas (ok, and a few chocolate chips!) Can you consider it?
What can make this banana bread nourishing & wholesome?
There is a explanation why I contact this banana bread nourishing and it isn’t just mainly because I adore that word — fairly it’s for the reason that this bread is a mouth watering nutrient-dense alternative to appreciate for breakfast, snacks and even a treat. Here’s what will make this banana bread balanced & excellent:
- Almond flour is substantial in protein, vitamin E, fiber, nutritious fats and very low carb. It is wonderful for people who want to integrate a far more nutrient-dense flour into their food plan. Feel absolutely free to examine out more of my recipes using almond flour right here.
- Flaxseed food is a staple component in my diet regime. I appreciate putting it in smoothies, applying it as an egg substitute in vegan recipes, and also, it transpires to be large in fiber, protein and omega 3 fatty acids. You can study a lot more about flaxseeds in this article.
- By natural means sweetened: this almond flour banana bread is obviously sweetened with only bananas, which will help to retain it relatively small sugar.
The to start with time I baked this up, Tony and I couldn’t halt going back again for a next extremely thick slice. It is specially good when topped with butter and a sprinkle of sea salt. I also do remarkably advise using chocolate chips mainly because it sweetens up the banana bread flawlessly.
Components in almond flour banana bread
Not only is this almond flour banana bread super effortless to make in 1 bowl, but it is also gluten free of charge, grain free, dairy totally free and paleo — which implies this banana bread is best for just about anybody — which include youngsters! Below are the ingredients you will want:
- Almond flour: you’ll want to use wonderful blanched almond flour for this recipe. Suggestion: be absolutely sure to pack the almond flour in your measuring cup just like you would with brown sugar!
- Flaxseed food: not only does flaxseed meal insert a good nutty flavor and texture to this bread, but it is also packed with fiber, large high quality plant dependent protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cinnamon: will help to handle blood sugar levels and give the banana bread cozy taste.
- Ripe bananas: I suggest utilizing Added ripe bananas in this recipe with loads of brown spots. These are sweeter and greater for this recipe since there are no other extra sweeteners.
- Eggs: you’ll need 3 eggs in this recipe.
- Milk: a splash of almond milk is all you will will need but you can use any milk you’d like.
- Baking staples: really don’t neglect salt, baking soda and vanilla extract! Discover how to make your personal vanilla listed here, or sense no cost to use whiskey or bourbon.
- Dim chocolate chips: a little darkish chocolate is good for the coronary heart! If you have to have this bread to be dairy absolutely free, I suggest making use of these chocolate chips.
Can I use all function flour?
Sadly, no. I are unable to advise a flour substitute in this recipe as the banana bread was precisely formulated to use almond flour. Consider my other banana bread recipes below utilizing unique flours!
How to make almond flour banana bread
- Combine the wet elements. Very first combine all the moist substances in a huge bowl: mashed bananas, eggs, almond milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry. Following add in the dry ingredients: almond flour, flaxseed food, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake & awesome. Increase the batter to a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with a couple further chocolate chips. Bake for 50-60 minutes or till tester comes out cleanse. Let bread to interesting for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to neat completely.
- Slice & serve. Slice banana bread and serve with butter, almond butter or peanut butter and a sprinkle of sea salt (so superior!)
Never fail to remember these banana bread suggestions
Follow these tremendous easy tips to make certain that your almond flour banana bread arrives out great just about every time:
- Use further ripe bananas that have heaps of brown spots so that your bread has plenty of sweetness. The bananas are the only sweetener in this recipe, so this is incredibly essential!
- Measure your bananas just after mashing to make sure that you get 1 1/4 cups mashed.
- Recall to pack the almond flour so that your banana bread gets the right texture.
- Add an excess raise of wholesome fats and crunch by mixing 1/3 cup chopped walnuts into the batter if you’d like!
How to store & freeze almond flour banana bread
- To retail store: this banana bread must be saved perfectly-covered in foil or plastic wrap at place temperature for up to 3 times, then I suggest transferring it to the fridge or freezer.
- To freeze: simply wrap in plastic, then tightly in foil and ultimately spot in a reusable bag or freezer helpful bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at area temperature as soon as you are prepared to eat. You can also feel cost-free to freeze unique slices for a speedy on-the-go take care of!
Get all of our go-to kitchen essentials below.
Far more tasty bread recipes
Get all of my bread recipes right here!
If you make this almond flour banana bread, you should get a second to depart a remark and price the recipe beneath so other folks know how you favored it! We respect you. xo.
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Take in Love Eats
This article was originally published on January 10th, 2020, and republished on March 5th, 2022.
Leave a Reply