No Bake Coconut Chocolate Protein Bars
Several years back when I was first mastering how to refuel my human body right after a training, I would grab regardless of what snack was offered in the gym’s vending device. It was 2009, and anyone was even now on the small-excess fat diet plan trend. I try to remember gobbling down bars with odd ingredients: bogus fiber and sugar, moreover plenty of ingredients I couldn’t pronounce. Soon following the bars with insane amounts of fiber came on the scene they have been filled with fiber that is not even found in character, but relatively made in a lab. People sketchy mofos.
Soon immediately after I started off generating my individual fiber and protein packed bars loaded with easy elements and tons of taste.
Enter: these selfmade no bake coconut chocolate protein bars packed with serious, wholesome components and an outstanding ratio of fats, fiber and carbs. AKA excellent for post exercise session, or a brief on-the-go snack.
Fall in like with these home made no bake protein bars
I to start with built these coconut chocolate protein bars back again in 2017 and they grew to become a accurate AK staple. They are just one of my favored protein bars to make and keep in the fridge.
- Protein-packed. These infants are full of 10g of protein for each serving from nut butter and your favorite protein powder, making them the ideal write-up-exercise routine snack.
- A great deal of balanced fats. The nut butter, chia seeds and coconut all add the fantastic enhance of healthier rapid to continue to keep you complete and happy.
- Amazing style. These protein bars are significantly superior plenty of to take pleasure in for dessert! With wealthy dim chocolate, nut butter and coconut they’re nearly like a healthier almond pleasure. They’re also in a natural way sweetened with a small honey in its place of stevia or erythritol (typically identified in packaged protein bars).
What you are going to require to make these coconut chocolate protein bars
You are heading to enjoy the easy components in these astounding protein bars. They are the great way to use pantry staples in a filling, tasty snack. Here’s every little thing you will need to have to make them:
- Peanut butter: the major component in this protein bar recipe is peanut butter. The vital issue to recall is to use a normal, drippy peanut butter produced with just peanuts and salt. I really like Wild Buddies peanut butter: use the code ‘ambitious15’ for 15% off your order!
- Coconut oil: a minor bit of coconut oil assists the bars remain moist and chewy with the addition of peanut butter. It also allows the bars established up properly and presents the addition of healthier fat and taste (good day a trace of coconut!) Do not skip it.
- Honey: I in a natural way sweetened these coconut chocolate protein bars with a small honey.
- Protein powder: I appreciate me some frequent or vanilla protein powder and specifically appreciate sharing how it can be made use of in things other than smoothies. I like to use Very important Proteins Collagen Peptides or Bob’s Crimson Mill. For plant dependent or vegan, I like Aloha and Four Sigmatic.
- Oats: get a pleasant chewy texture from rolled oats! Do not fail to remember them. Also, be absolutely sure to use gluten absolutely free qualified oats if you’re GF.
- Dried fruit: I utilised dried cherries in this recipe but I feel you could go with no matter what is your preferred or skip it altogether! They are totally optional.
- Chia seeds: applying chia seeds adds a improve of fiber, protein, omega 3 and crunch. I’m in like.
- Coconut: you are going to get another enhance of wholesome fats and fantastic taste from unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Chocolate: gotta do it up with that drizzle of dark chocolate. YUM.
Make these protein bars your possess
Truly feel free of charge to combine and match the ingredients in these coconut chocolate protein bars. Function with what you have! Listed here are some solutions:
- Decide on your nut butter. I appreciate using peanut butter in these protein bars but you can use any nut or seed butter you’d like! Just be positive it is a organic, drippy variety that is just nuts or seeds and salt. Sunflower seed butter would be superb for the kiddo’s lunch boxes.
- Get artistic with dried fruit. I applied dried tart cherries but experience free of charge to go mad with your fav forms. Chopped dried figs, dates, or dried blueberries (MY FAV) would all be remarkable! Or you can skip the fruit all together like I do most of the time.
- Retain them vegan: these coconut chocolate protein bars are the natural way sweetened with honey but come to feel no cost to use maple syrup or coconut palm syrup to maintain them vegan. Be absolutely sure to use dairy totally free chocolate chips for the drizzle, much too!
Can I skip the protein powder?
I would not recommend omitting the protein powder as the bars won’t keep alongside one another extremely very well. If you do not have any protein powder on hand, really feel cost-free to increase almond flour as an alternative and mix it in right until a delicate dough forms.
Coconut & chocolate protein bars in 4 simple techniques
- Mix the soaked ingredients. You’ll want to mix collectively the peanut butter, coconut oil, honey & vanilla in a saucepan over small warmth so they get good and sleek.
- Incorporate the dry. Stir in the protein powder, then fold in your yummy insert-ins: oats, dried fruit, chia seeds and coconut. Increase the “dough” to a lined 8×4 inch loaf pan and press it down evenly.
- Soften the chocolate. Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a saucepan more than reduced warmth and soften it. You can also do this in a microwave risk-free dish! Drizzle it over the bars.
- Refrigerate and get pleasure from. Put the bars in the refrigerator to established for about 1 hour, then slice and take pleasure in!
How to retail store handmade protein bars
- In the fridge: retail outlet these coconut chocolate protein bars in an airtight container or a Stasher Bag in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- In the freezer: feel no cost to hold them in a freezer-harmless bag in your freezer for up to 1 month. If you do keep them in your freezer, be absolutely sure to go away them out on the counter for a couple minutes right before serving so that they soften up a little bit.
Resources we endorse
Check out out all of our fav kitchen necessities below.
Additional no bake snacks you are going to love
Get all of our tasty no bake snacks here!
I hope you love these coconut chocolate protein bars! If you make them, be guaranteed to leave a remark below and charge the recipe. You can also snap and photo and publish it on Instagram using the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. And of course be absolutely sure to comply with SRCooking on Instagram. xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Take in Like Eats
This recipe was at first published on February 21, 2017, up to date & republished on April 19, 2021, and republished on October 5th, 2022.
Leave a Reply