Nicole’s No Bake Tahini Fig Oat Bars
We’re ringing in 2023 with an extraordinary snack recipe from my close friend Nicole, who you most likely understand as the one particular & only Kale Junkie. She’s the queen of kitchen hacks, fast and uncomplicated snacks, and nourishing, tremendous flavorful meals and I’ve been loving her recipes for many years!
Nicole posted a lovely cookbook, Love to Take in, which has 75 remarkable recipes centered on flavor and intuitive eating. This sort of a fantastic guide for the new year as she states “you too can find liberty to eat the meals you like, without the need of guilt, and to reside your damn lifestyle when and for all.” Certainly, remember to!
Without having further ado, say good day to these delectable tahini oat bars packed with vitamins from oats, seeds, and dried fruit. They’re in a natural way sweetened with honey and have an epic chocolate topping mainly because we know every thing is much better with a tiny chocolate. These babies are effortless to make (no food processor essential!), perfectly chewy, and make the Greatest snack to hold in your fridge or freezer. Must 2023 be the calendar year of home made snacks? Absolutely.
Prep them for the week as 8 larger bars or 16 scaled-down bites, and kick off the new calendar year powerful!
Components in these tahini oat bars
These incredible nut free of charge bars are crammed with nourishing components you will appreciate. The oats, seeds, and cacao nibs give them the perfect texture, and that stunning chocolate topping will make them the supreme handle. Here’s what you are going to require to make them:
- Oats: feel cost-free to use common or gluten absolutely free rolled oats as the base for these bars.
- Dried figs: diced, dried figs give the bars minor bites of sweetness and a chewy texture.
- Tahini: employing all natural tahini keeps the bars nut free of charge and assists them stay alongside one another.
- Honey: they’re also the natural way sweetened with a minor honey!
- Combine-ins: get a strengthen of fiber, protein, anti-oxidants, healthier fats & omega-3s with chia seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds and cacao nibs. These blend-ins, moreover the rolled oats also make these bars terrific for breastfeeding mamas!
- Excess taste: do not forget the vanilla extract (discover how to make it below!), cinnamon, and sea salt.
- For the chocolate drizzle: you’ll also melt some dairy cost-free chocolate chips with coconut oil to give the bars a beautiful chocolate topping.
Looking for an extra enhance of protein?
These tahini fig oat bars pack about 10g of protein, but sense free to incorporate even a lot more by mixing in 1-2 scoops of collagen peptides or unflavored protein powder!
Make these bars your possess
Conveniently customize these tahini oat bars to your flavor tastes! Below are some swaps that I imagine would operate well:
- For the figs: sense totally free to use your preferred dried fruit like dried cranberries, cherries, or even chopped Medjool dates.
- For the tahini: if you’d like to use a various nut or seed butter I’d endorse an all all-natural cashew butter to manage the flavor of the recipe.
- For the mix-ins: if you only have a pair of the mix-ins on hand, sense no cost to double up. For example, you can simply swap the hemp seeds with additional chia seeds, etc.
Can I make them vegan?
Truly feel totally free to swap the honey for maple syrup, day syrup, or coconut palm syrup, and bear in mind to use dairy no cost chocolate chips to maintain these bars vegan.
Delectable tahini oat bars in 5 simple methods
- Prep your pan. Start off by lining an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper so that the bars don’t stick.
- Combine the bars. Add all of the substances for the bars to a significant bowl (other than the chocolate) and blend right up until properly blended.
- Set the bars. Pour your combination into the ready baking pan and put them in the fridge to harden.
- Make the drizzle. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave, then pour around the refrigerated bars. Place them again in the refrigerator for an hour so that they established.
- Slice & take pleasure in! The moment the chocolate has established, clear away the bars from the pan, slice them into 8 or 16 bars, and delight in.
- In the fridge: keep these tahini fig oat bars in an airtight container or a freezer-protected bag in the fridge for up to 1 7 days.
- In the freezer: really feel no cost to keep the bars in a freezer-safe and sound bag in your freezer for up to 1 month. If you do retain them in your freezer, be certain to leave them out on the counter for a handful of minutes right before serving so that they soften up a bit.
Additional no bake snacks you will adore
Get all of my no bake treats right here!
I hope you love these no bake tahini fig oat bars! If you make them be sure to go away a remark and a score so I know how you liked them. Love, xo!
Recipe by: Kale Junkie | Photography by: Consume Appreciate Eats
Leave a Reply