A couple years again I set out to make you a food prep breakfast that was not just eggs or oatmeal (although I do appreciate the two). Due to the fact I’m a massive supporter of restaurant-model breakfast sausage, I decided to make you a tasty, wholesome edition of sausage patties with juicy blueberries and a trace of sweet maple syrup.
These maple blueberry turkey sausage patties are crammed with pretty herbs and spices and are bursting with blueberries in each individual chunk. They are tremendous simple to make and freezer-friendly, as well, so here’s your sign to skip the Jimmy Deans and preserve a stack suitable in your freezer!
I’ll depart you with a tiny excerpt from my original web site put up, which still retains legitimate:
“Old episodes of Felicity are participating in as I create this article. If you have no notion what I’m conversing about, then disregard, but if you adore Felicity, I have to know — are you Workforce Ben or Crew Noel?!
I will permanently appreciate Ben and believe these blueberry turkey sausage breakfast patties are just as dreamy as he is.”
These sausage patties are still just as dreamy. I hope you adore them!
What makes these turkey sausage patties more healthy?
When compared to their pork sausage counterpart, these selfmade turkey sausage patties are significantly leaner and have considerably less extra fat than the regular pork model. Nonetheless, they undoubtedly do not skimp on juiciness! They have outstanding flavor, are freezer-pleasant and cook up in fewer than 10 minutes.
Elements in this blueberry breakfast sausage
These deliciously juicy turkey sausage patties are filled with flavorful herbs and spices, as well as a excellent hint of sweetness. Here’s what you are going to need to have to make them:
- Ground turkey: simply because these are turkey sausage breakfast patties, you will have to have some 93% lean ground turkey.
- Maple syrup: these sausage patties get a trace of sweetness from pure maple syrup.
- Herbs & spices: include astounding taste with fresh new garlic and sage, dried thyme, floor cumin, ground ginger, allspice, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper.
- Blueberries: you are likely to Appreciate the bursts of blueberries in each bite. Experience free to use fresh new or frozen!
- Oil: you will require a minimal olive oil or coconut oil to cook the sausage patties.
The important to trying to keep turkey sausage moist
You may well be pondering how to keep these turkey sausage patties from drying out on cooking, and I have received the response! It’s important to use a 93% lean floor turkey. If you use as well lean of turkey meat, the patties will stop up tasting dry. A small body fat adds flavor and dampness, so be confident that you do not use additional lean floor turkey or ground hen.
How to make blueberry turkey sausage
- Mix the patties. Get started by adding all of the components apart from the blueberries to a large bowl and combine anything properly with clean up arms. Then, very carefully integrate the blueberries into the turkey sausage mixture.
- Condition the patties. Kind 8 even-sized patties about 1/3 inch thick. Make confident the blueberries are good and tucked into them so that they do not pop out while cooking.
- Cook dinner & flip. Prepare dinner the turkey sausage patties in a skillet with a little oil above medium warmth for about 5 minutes. Then flip and prepare dinner 4-5 minutes additional until finally they are entirely cooked.
- Provide & devour. Serve your blueberry breakfast patties heat with all of your go-to breakfast sides! See below for a good deal of inspo.
What to serve with turkey sausage patties
Individually, I love to provide these breakfast patties with a drizzle of maple syrup, fried eggs and my delightful crispy roasted breakfast potatoes. YUM. A lot more remarkable breakfast companions for you:
Get even a lot more breakfast recipes here!
Store any leftover breakfast sausage patties in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Basically reheat them in the microwave or on a skillet when prepared to serve.
Make them forward and freeze for afterwards
- Freeze prior to cooking: condition your turkey sausage patties and put them in an airtight, freezer-pleasant bag or container. If you’re stacking the patties I’d suggest putting wax or parchment paper in concerning the layers so that they really do not stick alongside one another. Freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, you can possibly allow them thaw in the fridge ahead of cooking or prepare dinner them immediately from frozen – you might just need to cook them a little bit extended from frozen.
- Freeze right after cooking: let your breakfast patties interesting absolutely just before putting them in airtight, freezer-helpful containers or baggage. As I described earlier mentioned, put wax or parchment paper in between the layers of patties if you are stacking them. Freeze them for up to 3 months. To reheat, let them thaw in the fridge before reheating in the microwave or on the stovetop for a couple of minutes on every single side. You can also reheat these right from frozen – I endorse doing so on the stovetop.
Much more very low carb breakfast recipes
Get all of my small carb breakfast recipes right here!
I hope you really like these blueberry turkey sausage breakfast patties! If you make them be positive to go away a remark and a ranking so I know how you liked them. Appreciate, xo!
This post was at first posted on January 7th, 2019, and republished on February 15th, 2022.
Leave a Reply