I’m not guaranteed if quite a few of you bear in mind, but I employed to have a recipe that was pretty identical to this on my website. I made a decision to retest the recipe to ensure they have been flavorful, fluffy and experienced the ideal amount of money sweetness.
My outdated recipe utilised to use egg whites and typical flour, but on SRCooking we are all about encouraging true food items to deliver you optimal diet so this time I opted for complete eggs to consist of the nutritional vitamins from the yolk and also complete wheat flour to include additional fiber and protein.
Ingredients in quinoa pancakes
Whilst lemon blueberry quinoa pancakes sound a small extravagant, you are going to really use a lot of pantry staples to make these delectable pancakes.
- Cooked quinoa: this recipe phone calls for cooked quinoa, not quinoa flour. See how to make the great fluffy quinoa below!
- Flour: you can use either all function or complete wheat pastry flour in this recipe. If you want to make them gluten totally free, I think an all intent gluten no cost flour or oat flour must work properly but remember to be aware that I have not attempted it.
- Baking powder & salt: to aid the pancakes bake up appropriately (use baking powder, not soda!) and deliver out the flavors.
- Egg: you’ll just need to have 1 egg in this recipe. I also assume a flax egg would get the job done out perfectly to make these vegan – see the notes segment for how to make it.
- Lemon juice & zest: you’ll use both of those components of the lemon for delightful, shiny taste.
- Milk: I love applying almond or coconut milk, but you can use any milk you have on-hand.
- Coconut sugar or honey: you will just want 2 tablespoons of either coconut sugar or honey to sweeten the pancakes.
- Vanilla extract: to give the pancakes a by natural means sweet flavor. You can also use almond extract for that traditional lemon poppyseed muffin flavor!
- Olive oil: just a bit of olive oil to insert humidity to the pancakes.
- Blueberries: feel cost-free to use fresh or frozen blueberries for the inside of the pancakes + on prime.
One of the motives I adore these lemon blueberry quinoa pancakes is due to the fact they’re packed with protein and fiber many thanks to the quinoa. Each and every serving delivers approximately 9g of protein packed with all of the 9 amino acids that your physique requirements. As a result these just happen to make an superb put up work out breakfast.
Make the excellent quinoa for pancakes
- Use a 1:2 ratio for quinoa to liquid. I typically cook dinner 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups of water, which will make about 3 cups of cooked quinoa. Then you’ll have some leftovers from this recipe for lunches and dinners!
- Deliver the drinking water to a boil then stir in quinoa. Reduce warmth to minimal, go over, and let simmer for specifically 15 minutes. Get rid of the saucepan from warmth and permit stand lined for one more 5-10 minutes.
- Quinoa will pop upon cooking and grow. To support different the grains, use a fork and fluff the quinoa.
How to make quinoa pancakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk alongside one another cooked and cooled quinoa, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a further medium bowl, whisk together egg, lemon juice and zest, milk, honey, vanilla (or almond extract) and olive oil till smooth.
- Add soaked substances to dry components and whisk to incorporate, then carefully fold in blueberries. If batter is way as well thick, include a splash of milk.
- Lightly coat a massive nonstick skillet or griddle with olive oil and location above medium heat. Fall batter by 1/4 cup on to skillet. Cook until bubbles surface on leading, about 2 minutes. Flip cakes and cook until eventually golden brown on underside, 2 minutes.
- Wipe skillet clean and repeat with extra melted butter and remaining batter. You may well have to have to decrease the heat to medium low right after the 2nd spherical to avert burning. Would make 9 lemon blueberry quinoa pancakes.
How to continue to keep pancakes heat
You can absolutely make these lemon blueberry quinoa pancakes ahead of time and maintain them warm in the oven. Just position oven at 200 degrees F, then include pancakes to a platter or oven-secure plate and area in the oven right until completely ready to serve.
How to freeze quinoa pancakes
If you seriously want to make your pancakes forward of time and serve them at a later day, you can location the pancakes on a baking sheet so they are not touching and area in the freezer for 30 minutes, then area them in freezer risk-free containers and freeze for up to 3 months. When all set to reheat, simply incorporate pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or right up until warm.
I hope you get a possibility to make these shortly. They are straightforward, delicious and in fact filling. Leading them with additional berries and a drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup. Delight in!
If you make these lemon blueberry quinoa pancakes, be certain to depart a comment below and fee the recipe! You can also snap and photo and post it on Instagram using the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen.
Recipe by Evi Madison // SRCooking
Photography by Sarah Fennel // Broma Bakery
Additional ways to use quinoa
Toasted Quinoa, Dried Fig & Dim Chocolate Nut Totally free Granola Bars
Crispy Toasted Quinoa Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
Avocado Blueberry Quinoa Salad
Balsamic Chicken Berry Quinoa Salad
Extraordinary Peanut Butter Quinoa Granola Bars