Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal | SRCooking
OH MY GOODNESS. You have not achieved true enjoy in an oatmeal bake until you have knowledgeable the flavors of a lemon poppyseed muffin in baked oatmeal.
Hear, I’m not even a person who is that obsessed with lemon-flavored things, but I could NOT get more than enough of this lemon blueberry baked oatmeal. Specifically the extraordinary lemon yogurt drizzle on prime. It’s like obtaining cake for breakfast! Even my toddler Sidney liked it, and my husband Tony, who claims to despise oatmeal, devoured it. That’s when you know it’s a hit!
Bake this gorgeous spring-inspired oatmeal bake ASAP, then fall a comment, amount the recipe underneath and enable me know how you appreciated it. Just can’t wait to hear what you think!
Components you’ll need to have for this lemon blueberry baked oatmeal
Shift above Winter, we have acquired a new baked oatmeal recipe that is bursting with contemporary Spring flavors. This wholesome lemon baked oatmeal is gluten totally free, normally sweetened and takes advantage of the real offer lemon juice & zest. Here’s every little thing you are going to will need to make it:
- Eggs: you will just will need two eggs in this baked oatmeal recipe to keep it all with each other. I haven’t analyzed it with flax eggs, but enable me know if you do.
- Sweetener: we’re utilizing some pure maple syrup in this recipe to by natural means sweeten it. You will also need to have vanilla and almond extracts for that yummy lemon poppy seed flavor.
- Lemon taste: you will need to have both of those contemporary lemon juice and lemon zest (from 1 lemon) to give the baked oatmeal that genuine tart lemon zing.
- Humidity: no one particular likes a dry oatmeal bake! You will include a very little little bit of butter (or coconut oil) and milk, dairy absolutely free if wanted, to give the lemon baked oatmeal moisture.
- Rolled oats: the base of this baked oatmeal is built with aged fashioned rolled oats. Do not use metal minimize oats.
- Baking staples: you will want baking powder and a little salt to assistance it bake up effectively.
- Combine-ins: give this baked oatmeal a delightful spring twist with new blueberries and poppy seeds!
- For the glaze: the unbelievable lemon yogurt topping is designed with greek yogurt, a minimal powdered sugar, and a lot more lemon juice & zest.
Personalize this baked oatmeal
- Pick your berry. If you’re out of new blueberries truly feel free to use frozen! I believe raspberries, blackberries, or chopped cherries would also be delectable in this recipe.
- Change your sweetener. This baked oatmeal would be delectable with honey rather of maple syrup, far too, however I do advocate using a bit less honey (maybe 1/4 cup) if you choose for that choice.
- Swap the seeds. Out of poppy seeds? Sense cost-free to sub 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, or skip the seeds all with each other.
How to make this recipe dairy & gluten free
- To make it dairy totally free: keep this lemon blueberry baked oatmeal dairy free by working with vegan butter or coconut oil inside the oatmeal bake. You can then use your preferred dairy totally free yogurt in the glaze, or skip the glaze — it will nonetheless be fantastic.
- To make it gluten totally free: just use gluten absolutely free rolled oats.
Can I use metal minimize or speedy oats?
I would not endorse making use of metal cut in this lemon blueberry baked oatmeal due to the fact it will change the texture. Speedy oats might work out all right but you could possibly require to use a bit extra.
Can I make it vegan?
I consider a flax egg or a chia egg will work perfectly in this recipe but haven’t analyzed it to be certain. Learn how to make a flax egg in this article, and permit me know in the comments if you give it a try.
How to make lemon blueberry baked oatmeal
- Prep your pan. Preheat your oven to 350 levels F and spray a 9×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the damp. In a significant bowl blend jointly all of the damp substances until nice and clean.
- Incorporate the dry. Stir in the dry elements and fold in the blueberries.
- Bake & awesome. Bake your lemon blueberry baked oatmeal until the edges are a bit golden brown and the center is set. Permit it great for a bit even though you make the topping.
- Glaze occasion. Mix with each other all of the elements for the lemon yogurt topping and drizzle it on your cooled oatmeal bake. Reduce into 6 slices and love!
Do you try to eat baked oatmeal incredibly hot or cold?
This lemon blueberry baked oatmeal is in fact delectable equally warm and chilly! Love it warm the day you bake it, or warmth up slices later in the week. Crunched for time? Eat it straight from the fridge like right away oats. It is so fantastic, it will taste just like your beloved lemon poppyseed muffin.
Make lemon blueberry oatmeal muffin cups
For transportable lemon blueberry baked oatmeal cups: just divide the mixture evenly into a ready muffin liners in a muffin tin (I suggest using liners AND spraying with cooking spray) and bake for 20-25 minutes until the oatmeal cups are established and scarcely golden brown. You are going to very likely only get all-around 10-12 baked oatmeal cups, based on how significant you fill them.
Be positive the lemon blueberry baked oatmeal has completely cooled, and then address the pan with tinfoil before transferring it to the fridge. It will keep good covered in the fridge for 4-5 days. To reheat, simply reheat personal slices in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Freezer-helpful baked oatmeal
- To freeze: as soon as the oatmeal bake has wholly cooled, cut it into 6 squares/slices and wrap every single square in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You can also freeze the entire blueberry baked oatmeal for later on by wrapping it effectively and positioning it in the freezer.
- To reheat: when you are all set to eat it, put the unwrapped frozen square of baked oatmeal on a microwave safe and sound dish and microwave it at 30 2nd intervals for 1-2 minutes. To reheat the entire baked oatmeal, only reheat it in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 levels F though it is covered with tinfoil.
Extra baked oatmeal recipes you may like
Get all of our scrumptious oatmeal recipes in this article!
I hope you adore this amazing lemon blueberry baked oatmeal recipe! If you make it be certain to go away a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Love, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by: Eat Appreciate Eats
This publish was initially printed on March 4th, 2021, and republished on April 12th, 2022.
Leave a Reply