Kickin’ Vegan Taco Pasta with Sweet Corn
Just about every week even though food planning I usually attempt my finest to integrate at the very least a single plant dependent evening meal that I know both Sidney and Tony will both like. Of study course, layering plant based mostly protein resources and veggies is similarly critical, which is why I really like building versions of my cashew cheese sauce, including excess herbs or spices to make it different, and packing in the diet.
Today’s deliciously cheesy vegan taco pasta recipe is in partnership with my friends in excess of at Birds Eye we’re using their Super Sweet Corn, something this midwest gal Generally has in her freezer (if you know, you know). It is tremendous sweet and great for introducing to soups, salads, chili, tacos and even cornbread. CORN Enthusiasts UNITE!
Vegan taco pasta ingredients
Good news, this simple vegan taco pasta takes advantage of pantry & freezer staples so that you can have evening meal on the desk in no time at all. Here’s what you will want to make it:
- For the sauce: this vegan taco pasta “cheese” sauce is created with uncooked cashews, water, garlic, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, dried oregano, paprika, salt & a pinch of cayenne pepper (if you’d like).
- Pasta of alternative: I adore utilizing huge elbow noodles, cavatappi or shells, but come to feel free to use your favorite pasta! You can also use gluten no cost pasta if you’d like.
- Black beans: for loads of plant based protein and fiber.
- Salsa: give the pasta that genuine taco taste with your favored salsa or tomato sauce.
- Birds Eye Sweet Corn: you’ll merely cook the sweet corn to start with, and then increase it proper to the pasta for wonderful flavor and excess texture.
- Optional garnishes: best with clean cilantro, jalapeño slices, more salsa, diced avocado, and just about anything else your coronary heart dreams to make it a genuine taco pasta!
Sweet corn all year spherical
I adore sweet corn (hello there I’m a midwest gal!) but of study course, it’s more difficult to arrive by through the wintertime months. Which is why I’m constantly stocked up on Birds Eye frozen veggies for brief and effortless meals. Their frozen sweet corn is perfect for mixing into your fav comfort meals like enchiladas, chilis, and of course, this vegan taco pasta.
Suggestion: Be sure to cook dinner the corn in advance of adding it to the recipe. You’ll just steam it up in the microwave proper in the bag — effortless!
Vegan taco cheese sauce Like
1 of the finest components of this vegan taco pasta recipe is the flavorful vegan taco cheese sauce. If you’ve tried my common vegan cashew cheese sauce you are going to drop in enjoy with this creamy goodness. To make it:
- Soak your cashews for 2 hours, or deliver cashews + h2o to a boil, switch off the warmth, and enable them sit for 15-30 minutes to soften.
- Next, drain the cashews and increase them to a superior powered blender with the drinking water, garlic, lime juice and all of the spices.
- Taste & modify seasonings as you like, and incorporate a bit extra drinking water if you like a thinner sauce.
This sauce would be incredible drizzled on enchiladas, tacos, as a chip dip and extra!
How to make vegan taco pasta with sweet corn
- Very first, cook your pasta, drain it and add it back to the pot.
- Subsequent, stir in the black beans, cooked Birds Eye Sweet Corn, salsa, and that incredible vegan taco cheese sauce.
- Last but not least, top your pasta with your fav garnishes!
Customize your vegan taco pasta
- Make it gluten cost-free by working with your fav gluten absolutely free pasta.
- Not vegan? Stir in some yogurt or cheese for creaminess + more protein, or even incorporate some cooked chicken breast or cooked ground turkey.
- Include your fav toppings! New or pickled jalapeño, cilantro, further salsa and corn, diced avocado, and contemporary diced tomato would all be scrumptious.
How to keep & reheat vegan taco pasta
Retail outlet this vegan taco pasta in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. To reheat, only do so in the microwave until heated by way of.
Check out Birds Eye Sweet Corn in these delicious recipes
Basically, The Most effective Vegetarian Chili Ever
Inexperienced Chile Hen Pozole
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Butternut Squash Green Chile Hen Soup
Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Black Bean, Corn & Sweet Potato
White Hen Chili Pie with Pumpkin Cornbread Crust
I hope you enjoy this vegan taco pasta recipe with sweet corn! If you make it, be positive to depart a comment & a ranking so I know how you favored it. Love, xo!
This recipe is in partnership with Birds Eye. All textual content and viewpoints are my have. Thanks for supporting the models that support make this site feasible!
Leave a Reply