I hope you’re ready for the most effective watermelon margarita recipe of your daily life. It was influenced by my vacation to Cabo about 5 yrs ago, and wow I have liked reminiscing on that journey:
I’ve been laying on the seaside in Cabo looking through textbooks I have collected from Amazon about the previous number of months. It is a awful habit — you know, buying books, studying a few chapters then receiving caught up in all my to-do lists.
But here’s something I not too long ago uncovered about myself: I ought to acquire the time to examine and hear to other human beings life perspectives on a regular basis. I know this appears foolish and perhaps a minimal clear, but the perception an additional person’s daily life experiences deliver me keeps me grounded and considerate in my working day to working day adventures. It keeps me in tune to my thoughts, to other individuals and the ability to see exterior of my every day box of lifetime.
So, ending all these publications is now at the best of my to-do record.
The other working day I was reading through a book that said those who succeed do not genuinely established out to succeed. They are unsuccessful, they do points completely wrong, they under no circumstances start out the appropriate way — most vital while, is that they test again and once again. They discover from their activities and blunders and that my good friends, enables them to grow both of those individually and professionally. It is the non-conformists who be successful.
Recently I truly feel like almost everywhere I switch, there’s an app or an post telling me how to be a lot more productive or how to execute every thing in the planet as immediately as probable. From time to time I wonder if what we will need a lot more of is SLOWING DOWN and appreciating the time we have.
Not too long ago I go through this post about squandering time and it struck a chord with me. It claims that staying unproductive and wasting time re-charging your battery, is in fact, time nicely invested. Examine the article. Embrace it. And then drink a sweet and spicy watermelon margarita and say F your ridiculous to-do checklist for a minimal while.
I’ve been comforting all 7 days with margaritas and it is been amazingly excellent. Toes painted, guide in my hand, tennis, a great deal of chips and guac, and good quality time absent from the globe wide world wide web. Daily life is simply what it must be in this incredibly instant.
Watermelon margarita elements
The most effective portion about this sweet & spicy watermelon margarita recipe is that you are going to just want a handful of refreshing ingredients. They can, of training course, be created without jalapeños, but what is the enjoyment in that? A minimal spice in lifetime will do you fantastic. Here’s what you will need to have:
- Silver tequila: I like applying a silver tequila for the flavor in this quick watermelon margarita recipe.
- Fresh lime juice: increase a little tart flavor to equilibrium the sweetness of the watermelon.
- Watermelon: certainly, you are going to use refreshing watermelon to make this gorgeous cocktail!
- Agave nectar: a tiny little bit of agave assists to sweeten them up a bit, but sense free of charge to omit if you come across your watermelon sweet plenty of. No triple sec or uncomplicated syrup necessary!
- Jalapeño: I adore to incorporate a kick of spice from a couple jalapeño slices, but you can adjust and/or omit if you’d like.
- Coarse salt & ice: salt all those rims, little one! And shake with lots of ice.
How to make clean watermelon juice
You are going to only blend ½-1 cup seedless watermelon cubes in a blender, then pour above a high-quality mesh strainer into a glass. Measure out what you need for the margaritas.
Spicy watermelon margaritas in 2 straightforward methods
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Insert the tequila, lime juice, watermelon juice, jalapeño slices, and agave nectar. Set on the lid and shake for 15-30 seconds.
- Strain the liquid into a glass and garnish with clean lime wedges. You can also incorporate a couple of jalapeño slices to the bottom of the glass, but only if you like it further spicy! Taste and add further sweetener if needed.
Do not neglect to salt the rim!
In advance of you pour your margarita into a glass — salt it! Only include salt to a tiny plate. Use a lime wedge to moist the rim of the glass dip the top rated of the glass in the salt, rolling from aspect to side until finally well coated.
Can I make it frozen?
Yes! To make a frozen watermelon margarita:
- Freeze the 1/2-1 cup of watermelon cubes on a parchment-lined baking sheet for about 4-6 hrs or overnight.
- Once frozen, increase the watermelon cubes with the relaxation of your watermelon margarita ingredients (apart from the jalapeño slices) to a superior run blender and blend until finally clean and thick. If the margarita combination is wanting skinny, blend in some ice cubes.
- Pour the mixture into eyeglasses, garnish with jalapeño slices and appreciate!
Make a pitcher of watermelon margaritas
For 8 beverages you will have to have: 2 cups silver tequila, 1 cup lime juice, 2 cups watermelon juice 1-2 jalapeños (sliced), 2 ½-3 tablespoons agave nectar. Pour into a massive pitcher, increase ice and stir perfectly with a wood spoon until eventually properly put together.
Our favored cocktail generating instruments
- Shake it up with a cocktail shaker
- A simple strainer in scenario your shaker doesn’t have just one
- I love utilizing this hand juicer for all points juicing
- Adorable cocktail eyeglasses like these or these
- A pitcher for serving a celebration
Get all of our go-to kitchen essentials below!
Additional cocktail recipes
Get all of our cocktail recipes here!
So consume up, love lifetime, loosen up and consume a marg this weekend. Cheers mates! xo
I hope you appreciate this effortless watermelon margarita recipe! If you make this recipe, go away a remark & ranking under or tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram!
Images: Sarah Fennel