A ONE POT meal made in your pressure cooker with homemade meatballs (not frozen!). Still so quick and easy to whip up!
There’s something so cozy and homey about spaghetti and meatballs. It’s just one of those dishes that screams comfort food like mom used to make.
Except I almost never make it at home. Mainly because it seems like there are 8 thousands steps involved and another 7 thousand dishes to clean.
But not to worry.
We now have an IP version that keeps it to a one pot wonder.
The meatballs get seared right in the Instant Pot, and the uncooked spaghetti noodles will cook right along with everything else.
It’s genius, I know, as everything just soaks and cooks right in the pasta sauce!
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups beef stock
- 12 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 (24-ounce) jar tomato basil pasta sauce
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
for the meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- ½ cup Panko
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, Panko, milk, egg, Italian seasoning and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined. Roll the mixture into 1-to-1-1/2-inch meatballs, forming about 24 meatballs.
Set a 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high saute setting. Heat olive oil; working in batches, add meatballs, and cook until all sides are browned, about 4-5 minutes. Return all meatballs to the Instant Pot®.
- Stir in beef stock, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add spaghetti; stir in pasta sauce until evenly coated. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 8 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Gently stir mixture until spaghetti is completely separated, about 1 minute. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil and Parmesan, if desired.