How to Make Oat Flour (plus recipes!)
If you’ve been undertaking a great deal of AK baking this 12 months you have likely discovered a distinctive ingredient that I have *marginally* fallen in enjoy with.
Say howdy to superbly very simple oat flour.
I’ve been including oat flour to some amazing breads, muffins, cookies and extra and it’s genuinely one particular of my new beloved flours to bake with. It produces light and fluffy textures that you will completely appreciate, which maintaining your favourite baked goodies gluten no cost.
Really don’t just take my word for it, choose a scroll to see accurately how to make oat flour right at property, in addition guidelines, methods and your most frequent concerns about working with it.
What is oat flour?
Oat flour is a finely ground flour created, of study course, from oats! It’s quite light-weight in texture and has a identical absorbency to coconut flour, producing it considerably a lot more absorbent than all objective flour.
Is oat flour gluten cost-free?
If you purchase oat flour made from licensed gluten free of charge oats or make your possess with these, then the oat flour will be gluten totally free. Be confident to double test your packaging to be certain!
The ideal sort of oats to use to make oat flour
I propose utilizing previous fashioned rolled oats or quick oats (gluten absolutely free if sought after) to make your do-it-yourself oat flour so that it’s light-weight and fluffy. Steel reduce oats may consequence in grittier oat flour. Learn about a lot more forms of oats, additionally loads of recipes in our information here!
Positive aspects of making use of oat flour
- Tons of overall health rewards. Oats are a complete grain food stuff, which indicates they pack natural vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, fiber and are even a terrific source of protein.
- It will fill you up. Since oats are fiber & protein packed, they’ll maintain you experience happy for for a longer time. That suggests with recipes employing oat flour (as opposed to white, refined flour) you’re less probably to spike your blood sugar and practical experience that 3pm hanger later.
- Versatility. Oat flour is incredibly versatile. You are going to see that I use oat flour in tons of baking recipes and even savory kinds since it delivers the best texture and holds recipes jointly.
How to make homemade oat flour
The ideal section about oat flour? It can be designed with just one particular component in one uncomplicated move:
Simply just position your rolled oats in a blender or food stuff processor and blend or pulse them till they are sleek and resemble flour. This need to only choose a minute or two and is the most very affordable. Test out this online video to see how it is finished!
Can I use oat flour in place of all purpose flour?
Unfortunately, no, I would not recommend making use of oat flour in spot of all goal flour. The texture and liquid ratios will be incredibly unique when earning this swap.
I endorse only using oat flour in recipes that precisely contact for it inside of the recipe or in the notes area.
Recommendations on measuring oat flour
- After blending your oats and just before incorporating oat flour to a recipe, be positive to evaluate it out to what the recipe calls for.
- 1 cup of rolled oats equals about 3/4 cup oat flour, so you’ll have to have a little bit extra rolled oats if you need a total cup of oat flour in your recipe.
Retailer your homemade oat flour in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Recommended tools for earning oat flour
Recipes employing oat flour
The prospects are definitely endless with oat flour! Right here are some of my favorites:
Get all of our incredible oat flour recipes here!
I hope you like this quick manual for earning your have oat flour! If you check out it be confident to go away a comment and let me know how it went. Appreciate, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Try to eat Adore Eats
Leave a Reply