It is crispy. It is crunchy. It is sweet & spicy. It is my brand name new sizzling honey BANGIN’ crunchy cornflake hen. I started off earning this sizzling honey baked rooster a couple of months back and Tony and I fell in enjoy. The cornflake coating is beautifully seasoned and gets deliciously crunchy and golden brown on the exterior, although the rooster stays pleasant and juicy on the inside of.
Immediately after so lots of of you fell in love with my crispy baked hen nuggets I understood I needed to make a new, greater-than-takeout cornflake hen recipe, and this is IT. The tremendous effortless handmade warm honey will take this rooster to the future amount, so get ready to drizzle and dip to your heart’s need.
I have incorporated a great deal of tips, methods, and delightful side dishes to pair for the best evening meal any night of the week. Time to get a box of cornflakes and get this hen on your desk ASAP!
Every thing you will will need to make this cornflake baked rooster
This delectable warm honey baked hen recipe has 3 essential parts, which make it tremendous easy to make but oh-so-tasty. Here’s what you will require:
- For the cornflake coating: you’ll need to have cornflakes and some yummy spices like paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- For the chicken: you’ll also will need eggs, milk, and boneless skinless rooster thighs.
- For the incredibly hot honey: my homemade warm honey is made with just normal honey and your fav warm sauce!
Can I use a unique sort of hen?
Sure, you can also use hen breasts or chicken tenders, but remember to note that the cooking time will be different. Be confident the interior temp reaches 165 degrees F with a meat thermometer.
Personalize your rooster
There are a couple of simple methods to personalize the elements in this cornflake baked hen recipe:
- To make it gluten cost-free: just use a licensed gluten no cost cornflake cereal. You should take note that regular cornflakes do have wheat in them, so test your labels!
- Pick your milk: you will only need 2 tablespoons of milk, so really feel free to use any dairy or non-dairy milk you’d like.
- Add a kick of heat: I like to include just a few of teaspoons of Cholula to the honey to make it spicier, but come to feel totally free to use a spicier sizzling sauce or include far more to style! You can also insert a pinch of cayenne pepper to the spices with the cornflakes for extra heat.
Two keys to beautifully crunchy cornflake chicken
Since we’re not frying this chicken, there are two key techniques to make sure that your cornflake baked rooster comes out properly crispy and crunchy:
- Use a wire rack. Be guaranteed to place a wire rack on best of your baking sheet. This will not only stop the rooster from sticking, but it also allows the hen to bake up good and crispy on all sides thanks to the airflow. If you really don’t have a wire rack, that is okay, you can just flip the hen midway by way of baking.
- Spray just before baking. Be guaranteed to spray the rooster with cooking spray right before you bake it so that it will get nice and golden brown!
How to make cornflake baked chicken
- Make the cornflake coating. Start by pulsing the cornflakes in a meals processor until finally they resemble breadcrumbs. Transfer them to a bowl and blend in all of the spices.
- Make the egg mixture. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk collectively until eventually perfectly mixed.
- Prep your pan. Insert a wire rack to a substantial baking sheet and spray it perfectly with cooking spray.
- Prep your hen. Use tongs to dip just about every chicken thigh in the egg mixture, then into the cornflake combination until properly coated. Position the rooster thighs on major of the wire rack on your baking sheet.
- Bake the hen. Spray the hen thighs with cooking spray and bake right up until nice and crispy.
- Make the honey & serve. When you’re prepared to provide, microwave the honey and incredibly hot sauce with each other, then drizzle the hot honey around the hen or use it as a dip and provide!
What to provide with cornflake chicken
This easy very hot honey baked rooster recipe is tasty as a sandwich with pickles or coleslaw, probably some cheese and handmade ranch, or you can serve it with the ideal facet dish:
Get all of our mouth watering facet dish recipes here!
Storing & freezing guidelines
- To retail outlet: any leftover hot honey baked chicken can be saved in an airtight bag or container in the fridge for 3-5 days. To reheat, place the hen on a baking sheet and broil it on large for a couple of minutes right until heated via and crispy on the exterior.
- To freeze: allow the hen awesome absolutely, then area it in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for up to 2-3 months. To reheat, I’d endorse heating the chicken in the oven so that it is pleasant and crispy.
Far more tasty chicken recipes
Get all of our chicken recipes in this article!
I hope you like this amazing crunchy cornflake baked rooster recipe! If you make it be guaranteed to go away a comment and a score so I know how you preferred it. Love, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Consume Appreciate Eats