Sweet and spicy crispy shrimp for all occasions (appetizer or main) with the most heavenly and amazing honey orange sauce!
I’m all about tailgating apps – hot dogs, sheet pan nachos, chicken wings, you name it.
I’ll take them all.
This firecracker shrimp.
This really takes the cake.
The honey orange sauce is the true star here.
And thanks to McCormick, the sauce comes together in seconds using a few pantry spices.
Now you can drizzle, toss, dunk or dip these crispy shrimp babies.
It’s up to you.
But I’d go for the drizzle+dunk action.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the National Fisheries Institute Shrimp Council. All opinions expressed are my own.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
For the sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cornstarch and gently toss to combine. Working one at a time, dip the shrimp into the eggs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add shrimp and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil.
- To make the glaze, combine honey, orange juice, orange zest, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and ginger over medium low heat. Bring to a boil, simmering until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve shrimp immediately, tossed or drizzled with honey mixture, garnished with orange zest, if desired.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the National Fisheries Institute Shrimp Council. As always, I only partner with brands that I love and truly believe in, allowing me to create more quick and easy recipes to get us through the week without breaking the bank. All opinions expressed are my own.