Honey Mustard Chicken
My former Applebee’s purchase in center and substantial school: rooster tenders with a decent sized amount of honey mustard sauce for dipping. Give me all the tangy sweetness, make sure you.
Not gonna lie, I have generally been obsessed with all things mustard. I enjoy dipping my carrots in dijon. Just cannot have a sandwich with out spicy or brown mustard…or any mustard actually. I get weak for a fantastic honey mustard pretzel combo. Simply cannot ever have a very hot pet or corn puppy without yellow mustard. The list goes on.
Nowadays I’m sharing one of my favorite mustard employs: a honey mustard chicken marinade to make the Best honey mustard hen! You can grill or bake it, and the honey mustard marinade is good for a salmon, as well.
Keys to a delicious hen marinade
A wonderful rooster marinade requires three vital ingredients to make your rooster super juicy and flavorful:
- Excess fat from oil or even comprehensive extra fat yogurt or buttermilk
- Acid from vinegar or citrus fruit
- Lots of seasonings like spices and new or dried herbs
This honey mustard marinade, of study course, has all three, moreover some sweetness to make it extra delightful.
Get all of my recommendations and tricks for generating the great chicken marinade, additionally strategies to grill different parts of chicken listed here!
Honey mustard hen substances
This easy grilled honey mustard hen recipe has just 4 main elements that make the most delicious combo great for hen. Options to make it a very little spicy, far too, simply because you know how I do. Here’s what you will have to have:
- Honey: for the delectable, sweet base of the honey mustard marinade.
- Dijon mustard: a very little tangy full grain mustard to pair with the honey.
- Olive oil: you’ll want a bit of olive oil to increase moisture and coat the hen fully.
- Garlic: contemporary garlic provides out all of the flavors. Garlic powder would also function if you really don’t have any new garlic!
- Salt & pepper: add loads of salt and pepper for the excellent quantity of seasoning.
- Optional: a pinch of cayenne pepper for some warmth. Or even a teaspoon of curry powder for a little something a very little various!
- Rooster: this marinade will perform for 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts, hen thighs, wings or even drumsticks!
How to make the ideal honey mustard hen marinade
- Add all of your marinade components to a large bowl and stir perfectly.
- Insert your chicken and stir again to evenly coat the chicken.
- Address and position the bowl with the hen in the fridge for 30 minutes to just one hour, or even extended for a far more intense, flavorful marinade.
- Grill or bake your chicken however you’d like! We really like grilling ours. See under for recommendations on grilling or baking your rooster!
Baked or grilled: you determine
- To bake: you’ll want to bake your marinated hen on a parchment-lined pan or in a baking dish at 400 levels F for 20-30 minutes until eventually the interior temp reads 165 degrees F. Get all of my ideas for baking ideal rooster below!
- To grill: as I pointed out, we really like grilled honey mustard chicken! You will grill your chicken at 400 levels F for about 6-8 minutes on just about every facet. Check out out this guideline to grilling flawlessly juicy rooster every time.
Can you freeze this hen marinade?
Certainly! If you’d like to save your chicken & marinade for afterwards:
- To freeze: basically pour the honey mustard hen marinade into a resealable, freezer-friendly bag, include your chicken, and freeze the overall bag for up to 3 months.
- To thaw: when you are prepared to prepare dinner it, merely thaw the chicken in the marinade right away in the fridge and prepare dinner and bake however you’d like.
Approaches to use honey mustard hen + pairings
This tasty honey mustard chicken recipe can be applied in tons of your preferred recipes:
I hope you love this honey mustard rooster — truly feel free to bake or grill it. If you make it, you should go away a remark beneath and charge the recipe — I truly take pleasure in it! xo.
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Try to eat Appreciate Eats
This put up was initially released on July 7th, 2020, and republished on July 21st, 2022.
Leave a Reply