Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Say hello there to springy, gorgeous healthier lemon poppy seed muffins with a light-weight lemon blueberry glaze! This muffin recipe is certain to brighten your working day.
I believe you all ought to be lemon lovers since the quantity one most requested muffin recipe by way of Instagram was lemon poppyseed muffins.
To be genuine, I was a minimal shocked as I have by no means gravitated towards anything lemon (orange muffins are my fav). Even so, just after testing (and re-tests) these infants about 8 times, I’ve come to be a LEMON LOVAH FOR Everyday living.
Elements in balanced lemon poppy seed muffins
These lemon poppy seed muffins are manufactured primarily for all my lemon enthusiasts. They’re fluffy, tender, completely moist with pops of citrus lemon taste in just about every chunk. Here’s what you’ll need to have to make them:
- Flour: you are going to need to have complete wheat pastry flour to hold these muffins wonderful and fluffy.
- Honey: these lemon poppy seed muffins are in a natural way sweetened with honey!
- Yogurt: I enjoy that they are packed with a minor more protein thanks to yogurt. I advise entire milk or 2% yogurt, but plant-based operates, far too.
- Lemon: you’ll have to have the two refreshing lemon juice and zest in the muffin batter and in the glaze.
- Eggs: you will also will need 2 eggs in this recipe.
- Butter: a minimal butter offers the muffins the best volume of dampness. You can also use olive oil if you’d like.
- Baking staples: really don’t forget the baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds and salt. You will also will need some almond extract to give the muffins that true lemon poppy seed taste!
Nutritious lemon poppy seed muffins produced with yogurt
These muffins also use whole milk greek yogurt to give them their remarkable texture and to incorporate a increase of protein. Do not be fearful of a small body fat in your yogurt I know I employed to be, but at the time I began consuming whole milk yogurts my tastebuds started off dancing like it was 1999.
- If you really do not have complete milk yogurt, I consider you could get absent with making use of small-fats greek yogurt, but the texture may well not be the really the same.
- If you want to make these dairy free of charge, you can use coconut yogurt.
Lemon glaze for healthful lemon poppy seed muffins
Ahead of you get baking, let’s speak about this lemon blueberry glaze scenario: I generally want to drizzle my existence with this glaze. It’s light-weight but adds a minor one thing additional to each and every chunk (moreover appear at that magnificent shade!). The glaze is designed with:
- Clean lemon juice & zest
- Powdered sugar
- Jam of your decision. I like to use blueberry jam, but you could also use strawberry or raspberry it is up to you!
Can I make them gluten free of charge?
To make these lemon poppy seed muffins gluten free I assume oat flour would get the job done perfectly. Really feel cost-free to use chickpea flour or all objective gluten cost-free flour, as well. If you use both of these, you may well will need to increase a number of tablespoons extra liquid. Make sure you know that I have not examined these to be gluten free of charge, these are only strategies!
Jazz up your muffins
If you want to make these lemon poppy seed BLUEBERRY muffins, just incorporate ¾ cup blueberries to the batter. YUMMMM.
If you find you really loving this recipe, be certain to try out my lemon blueberry paleo bread.
Freeze them for later
Of course, these lemon poppy seed muffins are freezer-helpful! Basically wrap muffins independently in freezer-harmless luggage or retail store them in a substantial freezer bag. When you’re prepared to love them, reheat for 30-45 seconds in the microwave or basically thaw them at area temperature. I endorse freezing them without having the glaze.
Much more lemon recipes you may possibly like
Get all of our citrus recipes right here!
Just cannot hold out to see you men make these lemon poppy seed muffins. Really don’t neglect to tag me on Instagram and share your creations with the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. I would also love if you left a remark down below and rated the recipe.
Leave a Reply