Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies (V & GF)
Are you all set for the Finest healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies Ever?! They’re chewy, vegan, gluten free and SO Good that they’ve formally turn out to be a single of my favored cookies to make when I’m searching for a healthful and nourishing, but even now satisfying handle.
And fellas, what is lifestyle with no a tiny chocolate? Frankly, I’m not sure.
I to start with came up with this vegan chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe when I was messing around in the kitchen late at night time. We commonly take in evening meal at 7pm and by so by 9pm, I’m completely ready for a tiny some thing sweet to conclusion the night time. I have a go-to oatmeal cookie that I’ll often make, but this time needed it to be dairy totally free, vegan and gluten totally free mainly because frankly, if I give you a recipe for one variation, you are going to ask for the other. LOLZ.
So, tell me, what’s superior than a cookie for just about everyone? Enter these RIDICULOUSLY Fantastic Healthy OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. Yummmmmmm.
No cost Ultimate Guide to Cookie Baking
Signal up underneath and get a Totally free printable e-ebook with my finest recommendations & tips for baking excellent cookies each time!
Components in balanced oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
The ideal section about these wholesome chocolate chip cookies? They’re quick to make, just take only 20 minutes, are designed in a single bowl and you most likely previously have all of the components for them in your pantry! You’ll will need:
- Gluten cost-free oat flour: this flour is one particular of my favorites to bake with and you can very easily make it you! I’ve included guidelines on how to do so underneath.
- Gluten cost-free oats: I suggest using gluten absolutely free rolled oats in this recipe to be certain that the cookies bake up correctly and have that delicious chew to them.
- Flaxseed meal: baking with flaxseed meal is a terrific way to substitute a flax egg for typical eggs to retain them vegan.
- Coconut oil: just a little bit of coconut oil give these wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies the suitable sum of humidity without getting to use butter.
- Coconut sugar: we’re sweetening these cookies with all normal coconut sugar as a substitute of frequent, refined sugar. You can use brown sugar if you’d like.
- Shredded unsweetened coconut: the coconut gives these nutritious oatmeal cookies an additional delectable chew to them in addition a small normal sweetness.
- Vanilla: an vital for yummy baked products.
- Baking soda & salt: to guarantee these bake up correctly.
- Chocolate chips: sense totally free to use your favourite brand name or maintain these oatmeal cookies vegan by making use of dairy totally free chocolate chips! I enjoy working with darkish chocolate chips or breaking up a dark chocolate bar.
What helps make these oatmeal cookies nutritious?
Vintage chocolate chip cookies are created with refined sugar, refined flour and a lot of butter, but this healthier chocolate chip cookie recipe has no butter and the cookies are sweetened with just a bit of coconut sugar. They however taste Incredible, of training course.
These healthy chocolate chip cookies have the best texture with crispy edges, a chewy inside and are so totally tasty that no one will be capable to convey to that they’re vegan or gluten-totally free! Never fail to remember to prime them with a very little flaky sea salt for a fun sweet and salty twist.
Can I use a distinct flour?
Sadly, no, I are unable to endorse a substitution for these oat flour in this recipe, but see beneath for an simple way to make it at property! If you’re looking for a flour choice, try one particular of these chocolate chip cookies:
Get all of my chocolate chip cookie recipes listed here!
How to make a flax egg
This recipe phone calls for a flax egg to maintain these healthier chocolate chip cookies vegan. If you have never made a ‘flax egg’ just before, it’s really straightforward and replaces common eggs in recipes. Just include flaxseed food and drinking water to a bowl, let it to sit for a couple minutes, then use it in the recipe as directed. I also have a guideline for how to make vegan egg substitutes in this article.
How to make gluten free of charge oat flour
You can effortlessly make your own gluten totally free oat flour by basically putting oats into a blender and mixing or pulsing until eventually they’re easy and resemble flour. Look at out my tutorial with all of my best recommendations & tips. This is a tremendous quick & very affordable possibility. Be confident to measure out 3/4 cup of your oat flour right after producing it!
The ideal type of oats to use
These balanced oatmeal cookies use gluten free of charge rolled oats, if you are earning them for an individual who is gluten totally free, it is important to make guaranteed the oats are gluten absolutely free licensed. If you aren’t gluten free of charge, you can use outdated-fashioned rolled oats. You should do not use rapid oats or metal cut oats in this recipe, it will not operate out the identical.
Make these healthful chocolate chip cookies your have
- Really don’t skip the coconut! The shredded coconut assists to bind these cookies alongside one another and give them further flavor so I would not recommend leaving it out. If you want to go away it out nevertheless, simply insert in 1/4 cup much more oat flour rather.
- Swap out the flax egg: if you want to use a normal egg, you can, you just may possibly require to add in some additional oat flour. I would guess about 2-3 tablespoons of added oat flour would do the trick.
- Swap the coconut oil for butter: truly feel totally free to use regular melted butter as a substitute of coconut oil if you are not vegan/dairy free.
- If you want added healthy fat: truly feel no cost to insert in ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
Why these cookies are good for nursing mamas + young children
These healthful oatmeal cookies are incredibly similar to my lactation cookie recipe and are great for mamas who are nursing mainly because they are designed with substances that have been known to improve milk offer like:
- Nutritious fat from coconut oil
- And flaxseed food
Not only are they fantastic for mothers, but these healthy cookies are also an amazing, healthful handle for young children, as well! Throw them in a lunchbox, or bake them up for an following-faculty handle. Continue to keep these cookies on hand, or feel free of charge to freeze them for afterwards.
How to freeze healthier chocolate chip cookies
You can possibly freeze the chocolate chip cookie dough or batches of by now-baked cookies! Check out my comprehensive tutorial here and appreciate these wonderful cookies from the freezer for months when your sweet tooth hits.
Our fav cookie-baking tools
Look at out all of our fav kitchen essentials listed here.
More wholesome cookie recipes you could possibly like
Get all of my cookie recipes here!
You’re going to enjoy these healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, remember to allow me know if you make it by leaving a comment and score the recipe down below. I’d adore to hear from you and it assists really encourage other individuals to make the recipe! Love xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Try to eat Really like Eats
Leave a Reply