Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies
Raise your hand if carrot cake is your beloved cake of all time, or as I like to call it the Oprah of cakes. You know, elegant and refined, but also a little something anyone loves.
These chewy carrot cake cookies were very first made by yours truly back again in 2014 aka the 12 months I became obsessed with turning my preferred cakes and breads into healthy little bite-sized cookie versions. Given that Easter and Mother’s Working day are correct all around the corner, I figured it was the excellent possibility to share these superb infant cakes aka healthier carrot cake cookies again.
I truly manufactured these cookies three different periods before deciding on this edition. I tried using a single with brown butter, yet another with maple syrup instead of brown sugar and the very last with extra oats and a cream cheese glaze. I really definitely cherished all of the variations (specially the browned butter a single!). Having said that, I desired these to be a wonderful cookie nutrition-clever, be dairy free and also super tasty.
No cost Greatest Guide to Cookie Baking
Indicator up beneath and get a Cost-free printable e-book with my ideal strategies & tricks for baking best cookies every time!
What tends to make these carrot cake cookies much healthier?
These amazing carrot cake cookies are produced with wholesome substances that make them excess nourishing and gratifying. These cookies are:
- Stuffed with complete grains: the foundation is designed from total wheat flour and oatmeal, which provides a increase of filling complete grains.
- Dairy cost-free: they get dampness from shredded carrots and a bit of coconut oil alternatively of butter.
- Veggie-packed: they pack a quite great dietary punch with a entire cup of shredded carrot!
Components in healthy carrot cake cookies
Just one of the explanations I really like these beautiful cookies is due to the fact they’re packed with nutritious elements and topped with a light cinnamon glaze. They flavor just like a slice of carrot cake. And dare I say that you could even love them for breakfast?! Indeed YOU CAN. Here’s what you will will need:
- White complete wheat flour: you can also use entire wheat pastry flour.
- Baking soda & salt: for appropriately baking these carrot cake cookies.
- Cinnamon & nutmeg: the cinnamon and nutmeg make the ultimate carrot cake spice combo.
- Coconut oil: I enjoy baking with coconut oil and it provides just the appropriate amount of money of moisture to these cookies.
- Dim brown sugar: I believe dim brown sugar provides the perfect sweetness. You can also use coconut sugar.
- Egg: to help bind these cookies. I have not tried out it, but you could try working with a flax egg to retain these vegan.
- Vanilla: you just will need a splash of vanilla for for supplemental cozy taste.
- Shredded carrots: because these are wholesome carrot cake cookies!
- Rolled oats: oats give the cookies a deliciously chewy texture just like your fav oatmeal cookie. I would not propose applying metal reduce oats in this recipe, but sense absolutely free to use gluten absolutely free rolled oats.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut: I enjoy adding coconut for much more of that genuine carrot cake taste. Yum.
- Chopped pecans or walnuts: really like the crunch of pecans or walnuts in just about every chunk!
- Raisins: I’m a huge fan of raisins in my carrot cake – so fantastic!
- Powdered sugar: blend powdered sugar with a little bit of almond milk and cinnamon to make an quick, light cinnamon glaze.
Customise these carrot cake cookies
These healthier carrot cake cookies can quickly be custom made to fit your taste choices and/or nutritional requirements.
- To make vegan: Switch the egg with 50 percent a large, mashed banana or a flax egg.
- To make gluten free: I recommend an all intent GF flour for the full wheat. You can also consider chickpea flour.
- Use butter: You can also use 1/4 cup of melted butter as an alternative of coconut oil if you aren’t dairy free and choose to bake with butter.
- Go refined sugar-no cost: Truly feel free to sub brown sugar with coconut sugar or with maple syrup. Observe that if you use maple syrup your cookies will be more cake-like.
- Include some indulgence: If you like product cheese (and are not dairy cost-free), test including a heaping tablespoon of softened cream cheese to the glaze in advance of you blend it up it can make the glaze super creamy and delicious!
These cookies get crisp on the bottoms and outside the house but are deliciously comfortable and chewy in the middle. Secretly wishing I experienced chipmunk cheeks for best carrot cake cookie storage.
Can I go away out the blend-ins?
Sure! Experience absolutely free to leave out the raisins, pecans or coconut if you do not want them. You can also substitute any nut or dried fruit.
How to retailer carrot cake cookies
- At area temp: these cookies will remain great for 5 days at place temperature in cooler climate in an airtight container. If humid, I suggest transferring cookies to the fridge in a glass container just after a day or two.
- To freeze: get all of our finest strategies & tips for freezing cookies (baked or unbaked) below!
A lot more carrot cake recipes you are going to really like
Get all of my carrot cake recipes in this article!
I know you’re going to Enjoy these healthier carrot cake cookies. If you make them, I’d like for you to leave a comment & ranking so I know how you liked them! It encourages others to bake them, far too. xoxo!
This submit was originally printed on May possibly 8th, 2018, and republished on April 7th, 2022.
Leave a Reply