Healthy Breakfast Burritos with Sweet Potato
The creamy texture of the refried beans with the melty cheese was normally my beloved form of comfort and ease food so straightforward, yet so dang very good. We’d happily love our giant burritos with each other on the couch whilst seeing videos.
I bear in mind noticing she would constantly take in her burritos with avocado slices that were being sprinkled with salt and pepper. Guaranteed more than enough, it didn’t get me prolonged to get hooked on that. The creaminess of the avocado blended with cheese and beans? Well, it was perfection.
Individuals reminiscences arrived again to me, and I made the decision to make these. A uncomplicated, healthy twist on an aged favored designed primarily for the mornings. They’re packed with protein, super mouth watering, and will unquestionably preserve you energized through the early morning.
These nutritious breakfast burritos materialize to involve most of my beloved matters:
- Sweet potatoes. I eat them just about each day so here’s an additional way to get their deliciously sweet flavor in. You can microwave them or roast them in the oven.
- Black beans. Identify a much better bean. Oh hold out, you possibly cannot.
- Avocados. Creamy. Entire of healthier fats. Just heavenly.
- Eggs. Gotta get that protein in. You can use egg whites or standard eggs.
- Enchilada sauce. Drizzle it on, infant. Or if you favor, use warm sauce or salsa.
- Cheese. Just a tiny bit of ooey-gooeyness. We need to have the soften, yo.
- Full Wheat Tortillas. We require to use an 8 or 10-inch tortilla to make positive all the things matches nicely into the burrito.
How to freeze breakfast burritos
The breakfast burritos are simple to reheat in the microwave and fantastic for active mornings or even individuals nights when you really don’t want to make dinner. That comes about to me a good deal. Specifically if I’m functioning out in the evenings.
To freeze: I usually make the total recipe, wrap each individual separately in plastic wrap, then wrap them in foil set them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Plastic wrap seriously is not excellent these times, so alternatively you can wrap them in foil and then set them in a reusable bag, this kind of as a Stasher bag.
To reheat, take away foil and plastic wrap and microwave right until warmed, about 2-3 minutes.
Try out dipping them in a minor greek yogurt or small-excess fat sour product for an excess creamy chunk. Warm sauce also does miracles to jazz these up even far more. Both way, you are going to slide in adore! Delight in. xo.
See how to make the black bean breakfast burritos:
If you make this recipe, be confident to depart a remark down below and fee the recipe! You can also snap and picture and submit it on Instagram using the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. xo.
Leave a Reply