Healthy Birthday Cake Bread
Since ya woman simply cannot resist a fantastic themed 7 days, a few a long time again we had our really initial #AKBdayCakeWeek! I kicked it off with a birthday cake bread that just so took place to give me the concept to start out the whole themed week simply because it was just SO DANG Very good.
This recipe was at first component of an IG partnership with my friend’s more than at siggi’s — it was so well-known that I made the decision it deserved a forever house on SRCooking. This beautiful, healthy birthday cake bread tastes just like a slice of birthday cake, in addition it is wholesome, grain cost-free, gluten no cost and easily dairy totally free as well! Time to get your sprinkle on.
Elements in balanced birthday cake bread
I get tons of requests for breads and loaves that really do not have banana, so if bananas aren’t your jam then this gluten totally free birthday cake bread is for you! There are also simple swaps to continue to keep it dairy free of charge. Here’s what you will will need:
- Vanilla greek yogurt: I appreciate earning this healthful birthday cake bread with the new siggis vanilla & cinnamon plant-based cups, but truly feel free to sub any form of vanilla greek yogurt. The vanilla flavor would make it additional unique.
- Eggs: you will just need two eggs so that this birthday cake loaf bakes up nicely.
- Pure maple syrup: we’re only sweetening with a bit of pure maple syrup.
- Vanilla & almond extracts: the combo of vanilla and almond extract is definitely what give it that cake batter taste.
- Gluten free oat flour: if you’re not gluten no cost you can sense cost-free to use a normal oat flour, way too. See beneath for how to make your very own from gluten totally free rolled oats!
- Almond flour: be positive to use a blanched, fantastic almond flour to give this bread the correct texture. Really do not neglect to pack your almond flour.
- Sprinkles: come to feel absolutely free to use any sprinkles you like! I like working with this all pure brand.
- Baking soda & salt: for proper baking and a very little flavor increase.
Can I use a distinct flour?
Sadly, no, I can’t advise a flour substitute in this birthday cake bread. Remember to adhere to the recipe so that the bread bakes up properly!
How to make your personal gluten free oat flour
You can simply make your possess gluten cost-free oat flour by merely positioning gluten free of charge oats into a blender and mixing or pulsing until they’re clean and resemble flour. This is a super simple & cost-effective alternative. Test out my tutorial with all of my very best recommendations & methods. Be confident to measure out 1 cup of your oat flour soon after earning it!
What makes this birthday cake bread healthier?
If you grew up on the funfetti box cake you know how nostalgic and remarkable that taste is. I wished to replicate that actual taste with some improved-for-you ingredients instead of the traditional butter, oil and sugar that will come with regular birthday cake. This bread just so occurs to be:
- Oil cost-free. There’s no oil in this nutritious birthday cake bread! It is deliciously moist from the protein-packed greek yogurt.
- By natural means sweetened. Thanks to just pure maple syrup rather of a cup of white sugar.
- Gluten cost-free & effortlessly dairy cost-free. By making use of almond flour and oat flour, and is very easily dairy absolutely free utilizing your favored dairy absolutely free yogurt.
- Packed with wholesome fats & protein. There are a great deal of healthier fats from the almond flour, and even a strengthen of protein from the yogurt and eggs.
This straightforward birthday cake bread recipe preferences like the real offer but is healthier sufficient for breakfast or a snack!
How to make gluten no cost birthday cake bread
- Prep your pan. Start by lining a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray to protect against sticking.
- Blend the soaked elements. Mis the yogurt, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and almond extract until eventually they are wonderful and easy.
- Add dry substances. Stir in the flours, sprinkles, baking soda & salt with a wood spoon until eventually the batter is well merged.
- Bake it up. Pour the combination into your pan, top rated with some additional sprinkles, and bake it up!
- Amazing & devour. Enable the bread neat absolutely before chopping into it, then delight in a slice heat with butter or vegan butter and a drizzle of maple syrup if ideal.
Really don’t forget about these tips for baking quick bread
- Adhere to the recipe. The finest way to make certain the achievement of this birthday cake bread is to adhere to the recipe and use the specific substances as composed (until I be aware particular substitutes).
- Pack your almond flour. Be absolutely sure to pack your almond flour as you would with brown sugar. Do not pack your oat flour.
- Use fresh baking soda. If your baking soda is older than 3 months, I propose grabbing a new a single for finest baking effects.
- Line your loaf pan. I advocate lining your loaf pan with parchment paper AND spraying it with nonstick cooking spray so that your bread will come out quickly.
Storing & freezing suggestions:
- To retailer: this healthy birthday cake bread ought to be saved perfectly-covered in foil or plastic wrap at place temperature for up to 3 times, then I recommend transferring to the fridge or freezer.
- To freeze: just wrap in plastic, then tightly in foil and finally place in a reusable bag or freezer welcoming bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at place temperature the moment you are prepared to take in. You can also sense no cost to freeze unique slices for a quick on-the-go take care of.
A lot more birthday cake themed recipes
Get all of my bread recipes right here!
If you make this healthy birthday cake bread recipe, be guaranteed to depart a remark under and charge the recipe! You can also snap and image and put up it on Instagram using the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Take in Really like Eats
This put up was originally published on September 15th, 2020, and republished on August 28th, 2022.
Leave a Reply