Reminder: grilling isn’t just for burgers and hen! In actuality, I have whole guides on how to grill fruit and vegetables that will significantly make you the king or queen of your following BBQ.
Nowadays we’re grilling up a thing extra distinctive: correctly sweet, tender, carrots! I have needed to create a attractive summer months salad recipe working with grilled carrots and OMG you guys, this one will have you doing backflips. Say hi to this gorgeous grilled carrot arugula salad layered with goat cheese, avocado, dried figs (new obsession), toasted walnuts, and a sweet and savory maple tahini dressing.
Every bite has a minimal little bit of every little thing, which is what would make this grilled carrot salad so epic. It’s tangy, sweet, crunchy, creamy, zippy and all rounded out with these deliciously charred, a little caramelized carrots. Are you hungry still?!
Enjoy this pleasurable salad recipe as a pretty summer time lunch or serve it as a beautiful side dish at your future BBQ or potluck! It feels a little extravagant and is super straightforward to customise with your fav combine-ins. I’ve even involved yet another dressing possibility to test if that’s your jam. Hope you like it!
Free Summer Salad E-book
Sign up underneath to get a FREE salad e-e book with 5 of my very most effective summertime salad recipes, plus wonderful salad-making recommendations and hacks that you are going to occur back again to time and time once again!
Elements in this carrot arugula salad
I started with delightful grilled carrots and knew I wanted to incorporate the fantastic mix of textures and flavors to this salad. Everything receives tossed in a creamy maple tahini dressing and each individual bite is just magical. Here’s what you are going to need to have to make the salad:
- Carrots: you’ll start by grilling a several halved, massive carrots so that they have those really grill marks. You are going to will need some avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arugula: the foundation of this salad is zippy, deliciously peppery arugula. It helps to balance all of the other blend-ins and the dressing.
- Combine-ins: we’re adding dried fig halves for sweetness, walnut halves for crunch, goat cheese for a small tang and savory flavor, and avocado for that awesome creaminess.
- For the dressing: tie the whole salad together with a dressing made with tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, a very little dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Use the code ‘ambitiouskitchen’ to get 10% off my favourite tahini model, Soom!
Customize your salad
This arugula and carrot salad is easy to personalize to your style tastes with very simple component swaps! Here’s what I can advocate:
- Choose your mix-ins: truly feel cost-free to select regardless of what blend-ins audio very good to you like dried cranberries or dates, pecan halves, and feta cheese.
- Increase a improve of protein: make the salad even a lot more filling with a can of chickpeas, grilled hen or shrimp.
- Decide on your foundation: I adore the combo of carrots and arugula, but you could also grill sliced sweet potatoes and/or use a combined eco-friendly or spinach foundation.
- Make it dairy free, vegan and/or paleo: only depart off the goat cheese! The salad will nevertheless be delightful.
A delectable dressing alternative
If a tahini dressing isn’t your jam, try out my light maple apple cider vinegar vinaigrette that has a little far more chunk to it! Mix together:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- Freshly floor salt and pepper to style.
Toss it with the arugula very first or put it on the facet and have company drizzle it on their own salad ahead of serving.
Roast or grill your carrots
There are two tremendous uncomplicated means to prepare dinner the carrots for this salad — roasted or grilled! Both of those are delectable and will give you completely tender carrots. Start out by tossing the carrots in avocado oil, salt & pepper, then:
- To grill: area the halved carrots instantly on the grill and grill them at medium substantial warmth (about 400 degrees F) for 15-25 minutes complete or until eventually a bit tender, flipping halfway by.
- To roast: include the carrots to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast them at 400 levels F for 30 minutes or until eventually tender.
How to shop this grilled carrot arugula salad
Retailer this carrot arugula salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 times. If you system on generating it in advance of time I’d endorse leaving the dressing and the goat cheese off till you’re completely ready to serve it.
Far more salad recipes you’ll like
Get all of my salad recipes listed here!
I hope you love this grilled carrot arugula salad! If you make it be confident to go away a remark and a rating so I know how you favored it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Images by: Consume Adore Eats