Greek Turkey Meatballs with Orzo & Feta Sauce
I have a brand name new protein & veggie packed evening meal for you that could possibly just have you executing backflips in your kitchen area. If you’ve been subsequent AK for a even though now, there is a superior chance you have built just one of my epic meatballs recipes (like my popular ginger rooster meatballs). I Love building mouth watering meatball dishes for meal due to the fact they’re tremendous adaptable, child-friendly, and easier to make than you imagine!
These Greek turkey meatballs have tons of flavorful herbs rolled appropriate into them and are served with lovely veggies, vivid lemon orzo, and a creamy, tangy feta sauce. A person term to explain a bite of this combo: magical. This dish is the perfect very well-rounded dinner with all the things you could want — tons of protein, lots of veggies, grains, and of training course, outstanding flavors.
Serve this gorgeous bowl with olives, pita, and additional herbs and sauce if you’d like! I involved easy methods to prep them ahead of time and even freeze them for later to make weeknight dinners a breeze.
Almost everything you are going to need to have to make these Greek turkey meatballs
This recipe is definitely a single of the most effective sheet pan foods. Herby Greek turkey meatballs baked on just one pan with the veggies, then served with a flavorful lemon orzo and a creamy, tangy feta yogurt sauce. YUM. Here’s all the things you will require to make them:
- For the sauce: we’re making use of my go-to creamy feta yogurt dressing that is the excellent combo of tangy, creamy and salty.
- For the meatballs: you are going to need to have some lean ground turkey, an egg & breadcrumbs for binding, purple onion, clean herbs like parsley and mint, dried oregano, and a good deal of salt & pepper.
- For the veggies: the meatballs will bake correct up with bell peppers and pink onion.
- For the orzo: you will get a good deal of flavor for the orzo with lemon juice, lemon zest, a little butter or olive oil, salt & pepper.
Additional delicious means to serve these meatballs
I really like the combo of the lemon orzo and feta sauce with these wholesome Greek turkey meatballs, but you could also:
- Swap the orzo for quinoa, rice, farro or couscous
- Attempt my Do-it-yourself Tzatziki Sauce in put of the feta sauce
- Mix in some pitted, sliced kalamata olives with the orzo for additional bites of taste
- Provide with pita and excess feta sauce for dipping!
Can I make the gluten no cost?
Confident! Sense cost-free to insert 2-3 tablespoons of coconut flour to the meatball combination instead of the breadcrumbs, or simply just use gluten no cost breadcrumbs.
You can then provide the meatballs with quinoa or rice as an alternative of orzo, or only take pleasure in them with the sauce.
Suggestion for forming your meatballs
I endorse wetting your hands, coating them in a little olive oil or spraying your palms with a tiny nonstick cooking spray in advance of rolling your meatballs to avoid the mixture from sticking. So uncomplicated!
Make these baked Greek turkey meatballs forward of time
There are two quick methods that you can essentially make these Greek turkey meatballs forward of time and cook them up when you are ready!
- From cooked: blend and type the meatballs, then bake them as directed or cook dinner them in a skillet. Once cooked, shop them in the fridge for up to 2-3 days till you are completely ready to continue on with the recipe.
- From uncooked: combine and form the meatballs, then area them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Tightly cover the meatballs with plastic wrap and put them in the fridge right until you are prepared to cook dinner them. You can prep these meatballs 1-2 days in advance of time. As soon as all set to cook, just stick to the recipe as written.
How to freeze these meatballs for afterwards
- Cook to start with, then freeze: put your cooked Greek turkey meatballs and peppers in a freezer-risk-free, airtight container or bag and freeze them for up to 3 months. *Be positive you don’t overcook the peppers in advance of freezing them. When you are completely ready to get pleasure from, enable your container of meatballs & peppers thaw in the fridge for a couple of hrs or right away. When they are practically carried out thawing you can make the orzo and sauce. Lastly, warmth the meatballs and peppers in a pan until finally they are awesome and heat, and provide with the orzo and sauce!
- Freeze just before cooking: you can also freeze these meatballs just before cooking them! Kind your meatballs as instructed, area them on a baking sheet, and put them in the freezer for 1-2 several hours. This is known as a flash freeze. Then, transfer your frozen meatballs to an airtight, freezer-welcoming bag or container and location in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw them, only location them in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight and then prepare dinner them as directed in the recipe.
Verify out all of my kitchen area necessities listed here!
Far more meatball recipes you are going to really like
Get even extra supper recipes in this article!
I hope you adore these tasty Greek turkey meatballs with orzo and feta sauce! If you make them be confident to leave a comment and a ranking so I know how you preferred them. Take pleasure in, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
Leave a Reply