It tends to sense like summer months is dwindling down with Labor Working day close to the corner and the practically-tumble breeze rolling in. We’re nonetheless in the 90 diploma weather listed here in Chicago and while I Appreciate summer months, I’m completely ready to turn that AC off and let the nearly-slide breeze roll in.
But…just due to the fact summer time is coming to an end does not signify grilling season has to.
So I bring you a tasty recipe for greek chicken kabobs that not only helps make a healthy evening meal but is also easy to whip up all through the weeknights. I included solutions for grilling and baking these kabobs, as well as mouth watering sides we really like to provide with them. They have a homemade greek marinade, loads of rainbow veggies and actually make the finest evening meal!
Now I really don’t know about you, but I’m a big lover of Mediterranean-influenced delicacies. Give me all of the feta, olives, hummus, greek rice and tomatoes. Oh, and we cannot forget about the neat cucumber yogurt tzatziki sauce now, can we?
If you haven’t designed my homemade easy tzatziki however, you should!
What you’ll require to make greek rooster kabobs
These excellent greek chicken kabobs are designed with a number of summer season staples and are loaded with taste. I absolutely adore when there are tender, sweet bell peppers served with my greek chicken, so we’re applying all 3 stoplight bell peppers in the recipe, much too! These are the essentials you are going to need (and we’ll chat marinade down below!):
- Rooster: you will want just one pound of boneless, skinless rooster breast.
- Veggies: we’re packing in all of the fresh new summer season generate with crimson, yellow and green bell pepper, as well as a zingy crimson onion.
- Marinade: the home made greek marinade is what tends to make these kabobs further exclusive! See down below for all of the deets.
The most effective greek marinade for chicken
These greek rooster kabobs are very first marinated in a zesty, home made greek dressing just before becoming positioned on the grill. This is to ensure the hen is not only entire of greek flavors but is also tender and delightful. The greek marinade I like to use for hen kabobs is whole of flavor. You’ll will need:
Make these kabobs your own
The good component about these easy greek rooster kabobs is that they’re super quick to personalize with your fav summertime deliver! Truly feel no cost to sub in:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Brussels sprouts
Be certain to get all of my ideal suggestions and methods for chopping and grilling vegetables listed here!
How to grill greek hen kabobs
- Prep your grill & kabobs. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and put your veggies & marinated hen parts on to 8 skewers. Depart a compact area involving the components so they cook dinner evenly.
- Grill the kabobs. Place each and every skewer on the grill and cook dinner for 8-10 minutes on every facet. Retain the lid shut while they’re grilling! Grill until the rooster is entirely cooked and the veggies are tender.
- Provide ’em up. Take out the kabobs from the grill and serve with tzatziki sauce and your fav sides!
Quickly prepare dinner these hen kabobs in the oven
I notice not everybody owns a grill, so I’ve also bundled guidance on how to make these greek rooster kabobs in the oven — and they are just as yummy. Here’s how to do it:
- Prep your oven. Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Line a massive baking sheet with foil.
- Put together your kabobs. Thread on the rooster and veggies as directed in the recipe.
- Bake your kabobs. Spot skewers on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping midway by. Chicken is carried out when no lengthier pink, or when a meat thermometer reads 165 levels F. Serve with sauce, roasted potatoes or rice of preference!
Using wood skewers? Really don’t overlook this step
If you’re utilizing wood or bamboo skewers, be certain to soak them for 15 minutes before cooking your kabobs on the grill or in the oven so that they never burn up.
Our fav grilling instruments
Come across all of our go-to kitchen area necessities here.
Delectable recipes to pair with these kabobs
Get all of our remarkable summer months recipes listed here!
I hope you take pleasure in this straightforward grilling recipe for greek chicken kabobs. Never neglect that scrumptious home made tzatziki sauce for dipping! If you make them, be confident to leave a comment and a score so I know how you appreciated them. Enjoy, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Take in Enjoy Eats
This put up was originally printed on August 29, 2019 and republished on August 13, 2021.
Leave a Reply