Super juicy, tender kabobs made with the best marinade ever! Olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic. SO BOMB.
How badly do you want to faceplant yourself into this platter? I mean, I basically did that all. summer. long.
Because here’s what’s involved: grilled pita bread, English cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cubed feta, kalamata olives, and tzatziki sauce paired with the best Greek chicken kabobs I have ever had.
Now the kabobs get the most amazing marinade makeover – olive oil, lemon juice/zest, paprika, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic and shallot. From there you can let the chicken thighs swim in this for a bit before throwing these bad boys onto the grill for that smoky, charred flavor.
It is so simple, yet so so good.
I should mention that a platter is absolutely not required, but it is pretty great for summer entertaining (and it’s easy to whip up too!).
However, if it’s just you and your baby corgis like I am 99% of the time, the kabobs paired with some beers/wine should be absolutely perfect.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, paprika, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic, shallot, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
- Stir in chicken until well combined; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.