Working day 2 of AK Cookie Week is here and I have a cookie recipe for you that’s genuinely one thing special. If you have been adhering to AK for any amount of money of time there is a excellent chance you’ve attempted my renowned cinnamon roll recipe (it’s the most effective on the internet!)
Of course, I manufactured a cookie model of most effective at any time cinnamon rolls! These gorgeous grain totally free cinnamon roll cookies are built with almond and coconut flour to keep them grain and gluten absolutely free, and they’re rolled up with the most best cinnamon sugar filling. They significantly style just like a warm cinnamon roll and even have a light-weight vanilla glaze for the full package deal!
The very best portion about these cinnamon roll cookies is how enjoyment they are to make. You’ll basically mix, roll up, and slice the dough just like you would with normal cinnamon rolls, so it is the fantastic holiday getaway baking activity. Additionally, they get even softer and extra delectable as the days go by. Bake a batch and enjoy!
Totally free Best Guide to Cookie Baking
Sign up under and get a Totally free printable e-reserve with my finest strategies & tips for baking ideal cookies each and every time!
What you will have to have to make grain absolutely free cinnamon roll cookies
Get completely ready for a scrumptious cookie recipe that’s SO exciting and enjoyable to make. We’re trying to keep these cinnamon roll cookies gluten free of charge and grain free with a pair of my fav GF flours, and we’re not skimping on the great cinnamon sugar swirl. Here’s what you are going to have to have:
- Flours: these grain absolutely free cinnamon roll cookies are created with a blend of almond flour and coconut flour, which deliver a dose of nutritious fats and maintain the cookies deliciously comfortable.
- Coconut oil: incorporate the best quantity of moisture to the dough with some melted coconut oil.
- Sugar: you’ll need to have organic cane sugar for the dough and light brown sugar for the cinnamon sugar filling.
- Egg: this recipe takes advantage of just a single egg.
- For the filling: the dough is rolled up with a mix of brown sugar, butter and cinnamon!
- Baking staples: gotta have vanilla extract, baking soda & salt.
- For the glaze: we’re drizzling on a light vanilla glaze created from butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, a small milk of alternative and an optional tablespoon of cream cheese for more creaminess.
Optional component swaps
I normally endorse sticking to the recipe as finest as you can for ideal success, but here are some swaps that will likely get the job done well:
- For the coconut oil: truly feel free to use additional melted butter or vegan butter.
- For the sugar: you can use coconut sugar in put of the cane sugar in the dough, but make sure you take note that the cookies will flip out darker and won’t have that cinnamon roll “look” to them. Coconut sugar ought to also work in the filling in location of the brown sugar. Employing coconut sugar will make the cookies paleo-pleasant, and you can use my paleo powdered sugar in the glaze if you’d like!
- For the egg: I imagine that a flax egg could possibly function in these grain absolutely free cinnamon roll cookies, but remember to take note that I have not tested this option. Permit me know in the responses if you do! Sense free to then use vegan butter and coconut oil if you’d like to continue to keep the cookies vegan.
Can I use a unique flour?
However, no. I are unable to recommend a flour substitute in these gluten absolutely free cinnamon roll cookies. If you are looking to make a very similar cookie with “regular,” non-gluten no cost flour I advise combining my molasses cookie dough and my brown butter snickerdoodle dough. You must get delectable benefits!
How to make grain no cost cinnamon roll cookies
These fantastic gluten absolutely free cinnamon roll cookies are a bit much more time-intensive for the reason that of the chill situations, but they are certainly quick to make and generally truly worth it!
- Make & chill the dough. Start by whisking together the damp elements, then mixing in the dry components right up until your dough sorts. Form it into a disc and wrap it in plastic wrap to chill in the refrigerator for at minimum an hour.
- Blend the filling. Correct in advance of you’re completely ready to roll out the dough, combine the brown sugar, butter & cinnamon until it’s perfectly put together.
- Roll out the dough. Upcoming, roll out your chilled cinnamon roll cookie dough and spread the cinnamon filling over the best. Be absolutely sure to leave about 1/4 inch on each and every aspect so that the filling does not spill out when the cookies bake.
- Roll the dough up. Just like with frequent cinnamon rolls, you are going to then diligently roll the dough up begun on the longest stop. Roll it great and tight and seal any cracks by wrapping your dough “log” in parchment paper and rolling it back again and forth on the counter. Chill the log for 30 minutes.
- Slice & bake. When the dough has chilled, cut off about 1/2 inch of cookie dough at the finishes of your log and discard (as these parts won’t have considerably filling). Then slice cookie dough into 1/4 inch thick rounds, area them on your prepared baking sheet and bake.
- Drizzle & delight in. Whilst the cookies are baking you can blend jointly the vanilla glaze. Drizzle a pair of teaspoons above each and every cooled cinnamon roll cookie and love!
Make these cookies ahead of time
A wonderful way to conserve time this holiday getaway period is to make these yummy grain free of charge cinnamon roll cookies ahead of time! To do so you can:
- Chill the dough: when you’ve combined the dough collectively you can wrap it in plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator overnight. Uncomplicated roll out, roll up, slice and bake the cookies the upcoming working day!
- Chill the log: just after you’ve rolled the dough up with the cinnamon filling you can wrap the whole “log” and area it in the fridge for up to 2 days. That way you can slice and bake proper away.
Strategies for ideal cinnamon roll cookies
Remember to get all of my finest recommendations & tips for baking cookies in our downloadable cookie e-e-book listed here! Use these as a common guidebook for these grain absolutely free cinnamon roll cookies:
- Do not use substitutes. Please be guaranteed to follow the recipe as created until substitutes are noted in the notes area of the recipe or in just the website post. As I outlined above, shifting the flour will considerably have an impact on the style and texture of these cookies.
- Make sure your elements are place temp. You will want to be positive that your coconut and egg are equally at room temp when you blend the wet components, normally, they will coagulate and develop a considerably distinctive texture. Be sure to use home temp butter in the filling, much too, and not melted butter!
- Use fresh new baking soda. Make certain your baking soda is clean to make sure that these cookies bake up thoroughly.
- Pack your almond flour. You will want to pack the almond flour just like you would with brown sugar.
Freeze them for afterwards
You can either freeze the gluten free of charge cinnamon roll cookie dough or the baked cookies for afterwards! Verify out our total write-up listed here to discover accurately how to prep, freeze and thaw both of those techniques. If you are freezing the dough, I’d propose executing so just before you roll it up with the cinnamon sugar filling.
Extra getaway cookies to try out
Get all of our amazing cookie recipes listed here!
Want special cookie recipes?
If you have been following AK for a though now you know that I’ve designed tons of incredible cookie recipes over the many years, specially for the getaway season. This calendar year, we’re launching 5 model new, exceptional cookie recipes on the SRCooking TikTok web page! If you’re not previously, be guaranteed to abide by us to get all of the enjoyment recipes.
I hope you really like these grain totally free cinnamon roll cookies! If you make them be sure to go away a comment and a ranking so I know how you favored them. Love, xo!
Recipe by: Evi Madison // SRCooking | Pictures by: Eat Really like Eats